T6 FSX roll

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply
IMMELMANN51
Airman Basic

T6 FSX roll

Post by IMMELMANN51 »

The T6 fsx tends to continuously veer to the right. How can I do to correct this trend?

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: T6 FSX roll

Post by Jacques »

I think the first step would be to check the hangar (shift+7) for any damage to the aircraft. Then make sure you have your trim settings for takeoff correct (pg 85 of the A2A manual, top left column) and remember to continue to adjust trim as you reduce power from climb to cruise. Then check your fuel (shift + 4) to make sure your fuel quantities are equal, or near equal as this can absolutely cause your aircraft to roll to the heavy side.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Roll is natural with piston engine aircraft. Try balancing your load or having less fuel in your right wing tank than your left.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes, bear in mind the fuel selector in the T-6 doesn't have a "both" position, so you'll need to periodically switch between left and right wing tanks to prevent a fuel imbalance developing which can lead to a noticeably heavy wing.

If your tanks are already balanced, then check the hangar as Jacques suggests. However, even with everything in perfect working order, bear in mind that the aircraft won't just fly "hands off". However, if the tendency to roll seem to be something which is gradually becoming more pronounced, my money would be on the fuel tank selection.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”