Controls lock up

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Edmeister
Airman

Controls lock up

Post by Edmeister »

I was flying at about 16,000 ft. when the screen turned black, the cockpit started making a herky-jerky motion, and the controls or the control stick, locked up, and
the plane went into a left hand turn that I could not recover from. I thought maybe the controls were sluggish because of the altitude I was flying at. I saved the
flight, and rebooted my machine. I am running Windows 7. I have owned T-6 for about a month, and i have not experienced this problem, until about two days ago.
I really like the plane, but I'm stumped. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Edmeister :?

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Controls lock up

Post by Tomas Linnet »

At 16000ft, you’ll need oxygen. So you simply passed out. Before the screen goes black, you can actually hear the pilot breathe very hard.
This applies for all A2A aircraft.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Edmeister
Airman

Post by Edmeister »

Thanks, Tomas. I never thought of that. Pretty cool! This is the third A2A plane in my hangar. They are all so realistic I own the B377 COTS and the B-17 with Accusim.
Of all my payware planes, I think A2A is the best. Everyone on this forum is so helpful when you have a question or a problem with your plane. Thanks again, Edmeister :D

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

You are welcome :-) Glad I could help.

Yes A2A add ons are the best and so is the A2A community, of course including the exceptional good customer support from A2A! All bow and worship.....now go make me that Lancaster :D :mrgreen:
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Good to hear the issue is resolved Edmeister and thanks for the kind words.

At A2A we're very lucky and grateful to have friendly and helpful forum members such as Tomas who are always willing to provide assistance.

It's a great community, so thank you! :D

Nick

Edmeister
Airman

Post by Edmeister »

I know that this is quite a long time to respond, but here goes. I didn't switch the fuel tanks. I ran out of gas. To switch the tanks you hit the right mouse key.

My bad, Edmeister :oops:

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Regarding fuel , left click turns the fuel valve oneway , right click turns it the otherway , its good practice to switch tanks every 10 mins or so to keep fuel balance even.
Also keep the T6 at or below 10000ft , if you need to go higher for terrain then dont stay above 10000ft for longer than 10min and watchout for heavy breathing and screen going in and out , if that happens get to 10000ft or less as quick as you can , because T6 does not have oxy fitted.
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”