Weird 3d Model

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Weird 3d Model

Post by zazaboeing »

Hi all!

I'm seeing this on the external model, and also the Pitot Covers won't go away. I'm in P3dv4.5. All updates installed.

Any hint?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Weird 3d Model

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I am still using FSXA , but this reminds me of DX10 preview in FSXA , it did this sort of thing till the DX10 fixer was installed , or you went in settings\graphics and preview DX10 was unticked.
Also i think its been mentioned in these forums recently since P3Dv4 update 4.5.
regards alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rafael,

Haven't seen this one before. Do you have any shader modifications or third-party camera add-ons installed within P3D?

Also, which aircraft are you currently using for your default P3D scenario?

Finally, what happens if you swap some of the different canopy and antenna options in the maintenance hangar?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

Nick - A2A wrote: 15 Jun 2019, 05:58 Hi Rafael,

Haven't seen this one before. Do you have any shader modifications or third-party camera add-ons installed within P3D?

Also, which aircraft are you currently using for your default P3D scenario?

Finally, what happens if you swap some of the different canopy and antenna options in the maintenance hangar?

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick!

I have chaseplane installed but even starting the sim without it, it stays like this. Tried deleting shaders cache, but also didn't help.
I'm using the default F22 scenario.
And clicking to swap antennas , it appears floating like the photo attached:

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the info Rafael.

Seems like something is affecting the visibility code in your build. You mention deleting the shader cache, but do you have any shader mods currently installed? Anything like Tomato-Shade or PTA? Or any other add-ons which affect the graphic environment of P3D?

Also, please can you just confirm the exact version number of the T-6 currently installed on your system?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

Hi Nick,

Yes, I have Tomatoshade on it, and I’m not home now, but guarantee it’s the last build.

Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Rafael.

When you next fire up P3D, please can you try the "restore original shaders" action in Tomato-Shade. This is different to clearing the cache, which will still leave you with modified shaders next time you launch the sim.

If Tomato-Shade is the culprit, it may be worth looking at the extended reflection rendering first (assuming you have this option enabled).

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

Hi again Nick,

Back home this time, did what you told, delete the whole tomato thing, didn't work. Also tried now reinstalling everything, even the P3d Client, T6, Nvidia drivers, to no avail.

Anything else I should try?

Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rafael,

Just to be 100% sure here, did you run the "restore original shaders" action in Tomato-Shade before you deleted it?

Still seems likely to me that this add-on is involved, unless you can recall anything else you installed on your system between the T-6 rendering correctly, and displaying as shown above.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yup it sounds like this is unfortunately a case of reinstalling making the issue worst. Re-installs is the last thing you want to be doing always should be done after basic troubleshooting. In this case, if indeed you uninstalled before restoring the original files you are still using the modified ones.

Give this manual deletion and clear a go;
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/4796 ... -v2-v3-v4/

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

Nick - A2A wrote: 19 Jun 2019, 02:47 Hi Rafael,

Just to be 100% sure here, did you run the "restore original shaders" action in Tomato-Shade before you deleted it?

Still seems likely to me that this add-on is involved, unless you can recall anything else you installed on your system between the T-6 rendering correctly, and displaying as shown above.

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,

Yes, did that, and I've redone it now just to make sure. Reinstalled the plane again, and nothing worked so far. Strange thing is that the pitot cover can now be removed, but the exterior glitch still there. All other A2a and other developers addons are just fine!

Thanks

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 19 Jun 2019, 03:54 Yup it sounds like this is unfortunately a case of reinstalling making the issue worst. Re-installs is the last thing you want to be doing always should be done after basic troubleshooting. In this case, if indeed you uninstalled before restoring the original files you are still using the modified ones.

Give this manual deletion and clear a go;
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/4796 ... -v2-v3-v4/

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
I did exactly that Lewis

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rafael,

Hmm - seem like there must still be some modification present within P3Dv4 which is causing this issue. However, is your copy of the T-6 installed outside of the P3Dv4 directory structure as recommended?

When it comes to Tomato-Shade, did you use the "DynamicReflectionMaker" tool at all? If so, have you reset the changes made with this tool? I believe it creates modified versions of the MDL files.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”