Start the engine

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
marcolongo
Airman Basic

Start the engine

Post by marcolongo »

I installed the add on related to North American T6, and after down load appears the advise that the pgm has been succefully installed.

But when I select this a/c in a already saved flight, T6 appears but engine is off , and doesn't start if I press ctrl plus E.
I tried to switch on the engine following the procedure reported on the manual ( in any case it seems to me that it doesn't exist a manual that shows how to reach/command some functions e.g. how to rotate by hand the propeller, or at least I didn't find it).
The problem is that I have no time to always starts the flight with the plane at parcking with the engine off , usually a spend not more than 10-15 minutes flying with Flight Simulator.
Can you tell me how to start the engine in a fast way, and why I cannot starts the engine with the normal procedure ( I am a real pilot with more than 800 hours of real flights, and I'm going to make the transition course on a real T6 plane next year in U.S.A.) ?
Thank you in advance for your help
Niuport

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Start the engine

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Niuport and welcome to the A2A forums.

It should be pretty simple to get the T-6 up and running with the "Ctrl e" autostart if you don't wish to manually start and warm-up the aircraft each time. However, there are a few basic points that you should be aware of.
  • The Accu-Sim aircraft have a custom dynamic fuel and payload manager which you must use to fuel the aircraft and check the engine oil. By default, this is accessed with the Shift 4 key combo.
  • They also have a persistent wear and damage model, so if the aircraft won't start as expected with Ctrl e, please check the Shift 7 maintenance hangar.
  • Some features (such as hand-spinning the prop) are accessed through the Shift 3 controls menu.
  • Accu-Sim is dependent on pre-installed software called SimConnect to run correctly. Because of this, we recommend that your default flight in FSX/P3D uses one of the stock aircraft provided with the sim and not a complex, third-party add-on such as the T-6.
If these pointers don't help you resolve your issue, please can you let us know which host sim you're using (e.g. FSX, P3Dv3, P3Dv4?) so we can start to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

marcolongo
Airman Basic

Post by marcolongo »

Thank you Nick, I started the engine, but this add on is not the right one for me, in this moment I'm wasting time writing you, and I do not understand the reason why it doesn't exist a manual that explain what you clarify , I made a mistake to buy this product, I need somthing simpler and more direct, I'm not a Young guy, and I have no time, I used also the real Flight Simulator (FNPT II) , but are more simpler. I cannot waste time to the hangar to repair the Aircraft, it is stupid.
I cannot ask you, foe example, how take off pitot cover, this doesn't add anything to manage the Aircraft, I made this mistake in the real plane, and I flew equally without problems fliyng for attitudes, and using the other instruments. Using Shift 3 appears a window where it is also difficult for me to read what is written too little and with colored letters that cannot be read easily on a background that is also colored.
Ciao

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

There is a manual included with the product. You can find it in the start menu under A2A Simulations, or on the website in the download section.

This is also a very narrow view to take of a product that is made for a very large variety of consumers, most of which will never have the opportunity to fly a T-6. Are you only seeking to simulate handling characteristics in the air and not try and use this product to learn real cockpit flows that will be essential in your transition training?

A quick read through of the manual, included with your downloaded and installed software will review that you can use it almost exactly like a stock FSX aircraft with minimal changes to the menus you access.

It is not clear what issues you are having with the pop-up menus, but those can probably be quickly resolved with a little more information. It may be related to your monitor resolution.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”