No Sound (Not only on T6) Since re-install of P51

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
dba27
Airman Basic

No Sound (Not only on T6) Since re-install of P51

Post by dba27 »

Hi All,

I have experienced this problem many times now and cannot find a solution. The T6 was working fine I had sound and was using the aircraft without issue. I did however have an issue with the P51 in that I had no rudder control. I decided to re-install the P51 (Model first - reboot - Acusim - Reboot) and now the rudder works fine on the P51. However I now have no sound on the T6. I own the following A2A aircraft and all following initial installn all worked fine but following restarts of FSX I now have the following issues associated to the aircraft below.

Spitfire - Working Fine
Mustang - Working fine but had no rudder control until I re-installed
T6 Texan- Was working fine until I re-installed the Mustang now I have no sound
Cessna 182 - No sound but was working fine on initial install. Not used this aircraft for a while
Bonanza V Tail - No sound but was working fine on initial install. Not used this aircraft for a while
B337 - Working fine not used for a while

I have run the A2A Updater many times in order to try and resolve issues but I have found that this usually knocks out the sound on a previously working model. What I have found is that if I re-install an aircraft it usually works but as stated above I get an issue with one of the other aircraft and in some cases the re-installed aircraft has issues following re-starts of FSX.
Can anyone help with this? I have update simconnect but am still seeing this issue. I have seen many similar posts regarding sound and rudder issues and I have followed the help in those posts with mixed results.

If anyone can help with this it would be much appreciated.

Regards
dba27

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: No Sound (Not only on T6) Since re-install of P51

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi dba27,

For the T-6, 182 and V35B, please can you check the volume control at the bottom left of the Shift 3 menu.

Also, if there's an "audio.dat" file in the "C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\A2A" folder, you can try deleting this file to reset any playback device customizations.

If neither of these steps help, you could also try uninstalling and reinstalling the Bonanza, as this should reinstall the most up-to-date core Accu-Sim components.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

dba27
Airman Basic

Post by dba27 »

Thanks for your reply Nick.

I think I have found the answer. Just been looking again at the Support Forum and have read a post that says to have one of the default FSX aircraft loaded as your default flight. I didn't, I had the A2A T6 as my aircraft for my default flight. Anyway I have reset my default flight with the default FSX Microlite and now the A2A aircraft work as expected.

Once again thanks for your reply...I will keep an eye on how things run on FSX but so far a vast improvment.

Regards,

Darren (dba27)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Darren - glad to hear the issue seems to be resolved. Yes, saving a complex add-on (one which interacts with SimConnect, etc.) as the default flight often seem to cause unpredictable behaviour, so we advise against it.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”