Flaps and FSUIPC (Incremental settings)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
DavidW
Airman First Class

Flaps and FSUIPC (Incremental settings)

Post by DavidW »

Sorry if this has been asked previously but I was not able to find anything on this subject.

I use a Thrustmaster HOTUS Warthog and throttles and I have a fully paid version of FSUIPC.

I am unable to get the flaps to work incrementally even though I have selected the function. They either fully drop or increase. I tried the standard FSX:SE key presses but still get the same result. :(

Any other tips to help overcome this minor problem would be most welcome, thank you.
ImageImage
ImageImage

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Re: Flaps and FSUIPC (Incremental settings)

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Howdy David,

Even if it has been asked before it's all good around here!

I'm running FSX:SE and the best way is to program two of the buttons on your setup. Default keys for the flap option you want are F7 to extend incrementally and F6 to retract. I just program a joystick button for up and one for down and then make sure that the "Repeat" slider is all the way to the left, or they'll go all the way rather than you being able to stop them with the opposite button.

Most importantly have fun with this airplane!...and pay attention to what she's telling you always and you'll learn a lot ;) The best part is that once you've mastered the T-6 you're pretty much good to go on any other taildragger! :D
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi David,

Yes, you just need to bear in mind that the flap lever on the T-6 operates a little differently to the setup you may be used to in other aircraft.

Rather than extending or raising the flaps through a series of detents, the extend command lowers them until manually stopped, and vice-versa with the the raise command. This means the flaps can be set to any required position.

So to lower half way with the standard commands, with the flap lever in the 'lock' position press F7 (or F8) and watch until the flap indicator (lower left panel) is in the desired position, then press F6 to return the lever to 'lock'. The same applies if you're using FSUIPC instead.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

DavidW
Airman First Class

Post by DavidW »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 18:06 Howdy David,

Even if it has been asked before it's all good around here!

I'm running FSX:SE and the best way is to program two of the buttons on your setup. Default keys for the flap option you want are F7 to extend incrementally and F6 to retract. I just program a joystick button for up and one for down and then make sure that the "Repeat" slider is all the way to the left, or they'll go all the way rather than you being able to stop them with the opposite button.

Most importantly have fun with this airplane!...and pay attention to what she's telling you always and you'll learn a lot ;) The best part is that once you've mastered the T-6 you're pretty much good to go on any other taildragger! :D
Thank you for the advice I shall give this a go and see what happens. If I recall all my sliders are off to the left as any adjustment that may be required in respect of sensitivity is done via FSUIPC.
Nick - A2A wrote: 19 Sep 2019, 05:25 Hi David,

Yes, you just need to bear in mind that the flap lever on the T-6 operates a little differently to the setup you may be used to in other aircraft.

Rather than extending or raising the flaps through a series of detents, the extend command lowers them until manually stopped, and vice-versa with the the raise command. This means the flaps can be set to any required position.

So to lower half way with the standard commands, with the flap lever in the 'lock' position press F7 (or F8) and watch until the flap indicator (lower left panel) is in the desired position, then press F6 to return the lever to 'lock'. The same applies if you're using FSUIPC instead.

Thanks,
Nick
Thank you. I will try and set up FSUIPC to funtion as it should in the real 'plane (some experimentation will be needed) but failing that try the keystroke method.

Great community so friendly and helpful. :D
ImageImage
ImageImage

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome David - please drop us a line if you need any further help. :)

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

DavidW
Airman First Class

Post by DavidW »

Thank you all for your help it is very much appreciated. :D

I have managed to get FSUIPC to drop the flaps incrementally and just raise them when needed.

Now I just need to stop flooding the engine when starting the 'plane. :roll:

Other than that five hours up and going well.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Great stuff David! Thanks for the update and hope you're enjoying the T-6. :)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”