Throttle lag

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

Throttle lag

Post by curtis72561 »

Hey Guys, I have had the T6 for P3Dv4 for awhile and have had this problem from the start. Well it may not be a problem but seems unnatural. I was hoping this update today fixed it but still the same. From the cockpit throttle commands are instantaneous but from outside either chase or fly by there is a 2-3 second lag. Also I can take off and reduce power from cockpit and jump to external view it is still full power for 2-4 seconds. This isn't normal right? None of my other A2A aircraft have this issue.
Beeachcraft V35 Bonanza, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Cessna C-172 Skyhawk, Cessna C-182 Skylane, Curtis P-40, North American P-51D Mustang Civilian
North American AT6 Texan, Piper PA-28 Cherokee, Piper PA-24 Comanche, Piper J-3 Cub, Supermarine Spitfire

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Throttle lag

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Curtis,

I'm not 100% sure, but it's possible the greater potential for external engine sound lag in the T-6 may be the result of the included backfiring effects etc. Please bear in mind that the product is optimised so that the Accu-Sim sound effects work properly from within the cockpit.

Having said that, I recommend you try the Prepar3D.cfg file edit mentioned in this post a try if you haven't already done so.

[SOUND]
Time_Constant=0

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

Post by curtis72561 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 08:25 Hi Curtis,

I'm not 100% sure, but it's possible the greater potential for external engine sound lag in the T-6 may be the result of the included backfiring effects etc. Please bear in mind that the product is optimised so that the Accu-Sim sound effects work properly from within the cockpit.

Having said that, I recommend you try the Prepar3D.cfg file edit mentioned in this post a try if you haven't already done so.

[SOUND]
Time_Constant=0

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick. Thank you for your response. Yes I did that a while back when I had an issue with aircraft sounding like they would throttle down and back up by themselves in flyby mode. That fixed that issue. The backfire is there when it should be but this is like it takes a few seconds to respond to the command to throttle up or down. Weird. In the cockpit the command is carried out instantaneous. Like I posted I can take off and throttle back and jump to chase and it is still full throttle for a few seconds before it throttles back. If I throttle up in external view it takes 2-3 seconds to respond. :? I don't fly the T-6 that much and when I do I normally stay in the seat but sometimes I like to watch the beauty fly by because I love that sound..
Beeachcraft V35 Bonanza, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Cessna C-172 Skyhawk, Cessna C-182 Skylane, Curtis P-40, North American P-51D Mustang Civilian
North American AT6 Texan, Piper PA-28 Cherokee, Piper PA-24 Comanche, Piper J-3 Cub, Supermarine Spitfire

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

curtis72561 wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 09:17
Nick - A2A wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 08:25 Hi Curtis,

[SOUND]
Time_Constant=0

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick. Thank you for your response. Yes I did that a while back when I had an issue with aircraft sounding like they would throttle down and back up by themselves in flyby mode. That fixed that issue. The backfire is there when it should be but this is like it takes a few seconds to respond to the command to throttle up or down. Weird. In the cockpit the command is carried out instantaneous. Like I posted I can take off and throttle back and jump to chase and it is still full throttle for a few seconds before it throttles back. If I throttle up in external view it takes 2-3 seconds to respond. :? I don't fly the T-6 that much and when I do I normally stay in the seat but sometimes I like to watch the beauty fly by because I love that sound..
I am seeing the same thing and I fly T 6 all the time. Doesn't really bother me.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”