GPS Panel Will not display in VC or as panel

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
marty421
Airman Basic

Post by marty421 »

hey guys I cant seem to get the GPS panel to display anything in VC or even as its own panel from the drop down menu. cant seem to find any usefull help on the matter. the last thing that i tried from here ended up crashing FSX and i had to re install so any helop would be nice. I love the plane down this is bit of a donwer right now

marty421
Airman Basic

Post by marty421 »

hi guys i cant seem to get the GPS to display at all in VC it is just a black screen. even when i try to open it from the drop down menu as its own panel. still nothing. please help me figure this out.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: GPS Panel Will not display in VC or as panel

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Marty,

Please can you let us know which GPS device you're trying to open, one of the default FSX ones, or a third-party add-on (from RealityXP or Flight1)?

If it's the latter, are you using the Aircraft Configurator to install it in the cockpit?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

marty421
Airman Basic

Post by marty421 »

all of them. i have used the aircraft config program to select a gps panel. none of them work for me. including the default when i select the type of gps from the config program and click ok all it says is that it will be saved and ready the next time fsx is started and the window closes. there is no install window or pop up or anything

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the added info. You can toggle whether the GPS is shown using the Shift 3 menu. (Click the text which says "NO GPS" near the centre of this panel.) Please bear in mind that for the third-party GPS options, you need to have purchased these gauges to install them.

Please check out the final section of the T-6 pilot's manual (p. 120 onwards) for description of these features.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”