T-6 Vor-1 instrument

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
flash2
Senior Airman

T-6 Vor-1 instrument

Post by flash2 »

Does the Vor-1 instrument on the T-6 panel actually work?

How to test it? - I do have the Saitek radio panel with Nav1, Nav2,ADF,DME

Does this gauge do ADF and DME as well?

I am considering adding a Gauge from FIPGauge by DAZ which will work if the panel gauge operates. - i.e. has LVARS

Thanks,
flash2

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Re: T-6 Vor-1 instrument

Post by MkIV Hvd »

The VOR and OBS work fine on Nav1 and there is no ADF or DME in the T-6.
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Thanks Bob,

I am planning on purchasing the VOR-1 meter from Daz at Fipgauges in the future which is supposedly A2A and P3D compatible and he said if it worked in the plane it will work on his gauge.

I have other gauges from him and they work fine on MSFX Steam for my Spitfires and T-6

Are you using 3PD4.5 and have you been able to operate successfully with Saitek External gauges?

flash2

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

flash2 wrote: 04 Jan 2020, 09:52 Are you using 3PD4.5 and have you been able to operate successfully with Saitek External gauges?

flash2
No sorry, I'm a simple FSX:SE guy with nothing external...I just know the VOR works... :wink:
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Bob,

Watched your video of Your Harvard Aerobatics flight today and that's pretty cool with pretty smooth flying.

Have you read Neil Williams book?

flash2

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

No I haven't but it does look interesting. Thanks for the compliment on the video...working to improve always... :wink:

All of my aerobatic training was a flight with Bud Granley way back (after I'd already done a bunch of experimenting on my own) and it's all been in the Harvard. I read a bunch about aerobatics at the time, most of which was in a hard copy original Harvard IV manual, which I sadly can't find.

Honestly, the idea of competition aerobatics is exhausting to me ;) I've flown an Eagle and aerobatically it was very cool but I like nice smooth aerobatics more along the lines of Bob Hoover demonstrations...watch him do rolls in the Shrike while pouring a glass of tea :shock:
Rob Wilkinson

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”