Frame rate performance of Texan?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
JonP01
Airman

Frame rate performance of Texan?

Post by JonP01 »

Hi there,

Approaching that time of year when I am thinking of buying a third A2A aircraft (I already have Cherokee and Super Connie and love them - fly them a couple of times per week without fail). And since I do not have a taildragger the Texan seems like a good choice. Since I am still using the machine for FSX I built almost ten years ago now (yes, yes, I know but the money is not there for an upgrade), I always have to ask the "frame rate" question before I buy anything. So, how are the frame rates with this particular add-on please? For reference, the A2A Cherokee and Super Connie all perform quite well on my old machine,albeit with some sliders turned down a bit compared to when I run the default FSX aircraft (mainly due to the extra CPU load I imagine of the A2A aircraft). But bottom line is if the Texan runs about the same as the Cherokee and Super Connie, all will be well. Thank you!

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Re: Frame rate performance of Texan?

Post by bobsk8 »

If the Connie works OK on your system you should have no problem with the Texan.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have the texan and on my machine i get frames depending on scenery of 20-30 , my machine is a gaming machine , i got for my FSXa yes i still use the out dated FSXa , i have all the A2A accu sim`ed aircraft except for the cub .
Have you got all the important fsx.CFG tweeks to help FSXa run better .
You will not be disapointed in this aircraft , if properly handled she is a joy to fly.
regards alan. 8)

JonP01
Airman

Post by JonP01 »

Thank you for the responses 8)

JonP01
Airman

Post by JonP01 »

Just got it tonight. System performance is indeed fine - same as the other two I have!

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

JonP01: Good work! Check this: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=69711. Perfect way to break in the new airplane!

Seeya
ATB

JonP01
Airman

Post by JonP01 »

Well the thing about these A2A aircraft is that although I am retired, there still isn't enough time to enjoy them as much as I could (or would like!). I try to limit myself to three one hour sessions per week but of course I broke that rule wide open last night....

I broke the "ergonomic" advise in the A2A user manual and just couldn't stop playing with the thing. Got really good at taxiing it around on my default grass airfield then took to tarmac and it was completely different! The grass makes it actually easier as it is more forgiving of the tail wheel characteristics! IT has much better adhesion on tarmac as you would expect so you need to be more gentle and have more finesse. I feel pretty stupid after having mastered the Super Connie and Cherokee but of course this aircraft is just completely different. And that is what I wanted - variety.

I am not sure I have a favourite of the three though - I love them all and will probably just dedicate given sessions to one of them at any given time since it is a bit challenging to jump right out of one into another in a simulation. In the real world you'd probably get more sensory tactile feedback and would be able to adapt from one to the other a bit more easily I reckon.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”