Unable to load T6

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Snorre
A2A Test Pilot

Unable to load T6

Post by Snorre »

After finishing a normal flight with the T6 yesterday I shut down P3D V4.5. Today I wanted to do another flight, but the T6 loaded into a black screen, which stayed on forever. I get into the cockpit if I load a default plane first, but the P3D freezes, no more actions possible.

I tried a new P3D.cfg, uninstalling and reinstalling the T6, but nothing helps. I changed the GPS from GTN 650 to default and back, no effect. I also reinstalled SimConnect, no change.

All other A2A airplanes (Bonanza, C-182, C-172, Cherokee, Spitfire) work fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Gunter

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Unable to load T6

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Gunter,

Might be worth deleting your shader cache for P3D to allow the sim to generate new ones. To do this, you'll need to delete the following folder:

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

If this doesn't help, try backing up and then deleting the "C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\A2A\FSX\T6" directory.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Snorre
A2A Test Pilot

Post by Snorre »

Hello Nick,
thanks for your fast reply!
Deleting and rebuilding of the Shaders did not help, neither the deletion of the ...FSX/T6 directory.
After loading the T6 the screen stays black (full screen or windowed mode).

Any other suggestions?

Cheers
Gunter
Gunter

casey.cole
Airman Basic

Post by casey.cole »

Hey guys! Just wanted to say that I'm experiencing the same problem. It flew just fine last night. This morning it won't load past a black screen, then P3D freezes and crashes to desktop. I've tried the steps above but no luck yet. I've disabled all addons and deleted/reinstalled the T-6 and still the same result.

Thank you for your help :-D

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

I'm going to take a wild stab at an aircraft.cfg cockup. I've been in that situation before (not necessarily the T-6) and it turned out a misplaced . or _ or maybe even a :

Sorry, that's all I got.

EDIT: Just been for a pee and had a thought. Is it just one T-6 or all of them?
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

Snorre
A2A Test Pilot

Post by Snorre »

Hello Ron,
it's all of them.

I will try another uninstall and dig as deep as I can in all the folders where there may be something left and try again...
Gunter

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Mmm, sounds like a reinstall of Windows to me. :shock:
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Ron Attwood wrote: 02 Mar 2020, 16:29 Mmm, sounds like a reinstall of Windows to me. :shock:
Wow!!!! or Maybe a New PC or Home????? :roll:
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Gunter,
Snorre wrote: 02 Mar 2020, 13:09 Deleting and rebuilding of the Shaders did not help, neither the deletion of the ...FSX/T6 directory.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks for trying that. It might be worth going a step further and deleting all of P3Dv4's generated files. This short vid explains the procedure you'd need to follow.

casey.cole wrote: 02 Mar 2020, 13:26 Hey guys! Just wanted to say that I'm experiencing the same problem. It flew just fine last night. This morning it won't load past a black screen, then P3D freezes and crashes to desktop. I've tried the steps above but no luck yet. I've disabled all addons and deleted/reinstalled the T-6 and still the same result.
Hi Casey - might be worth you trying the same thing.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

casey.cole
Airman Basic

Post by casey.cole »

Nick - A2A wrote: 02 Mar 2020, 18:20 Hi Gunter,
Snorre wrote: 02 Mar 2020, 13:09 Deleting and rebuilding of the Shaders did not help, neither the deletion of the ...FSX/T6 directory.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks for trying that. It might be worth going a step further and deleting all of P3Dv4's generated files. This short vid explains the procedure you'd need to follow.
Success! I followed the steps in the video and then had to reinstall the Texan to get it to show up in my aircraft list, but we're up and running now. Thanks again for your help! Hopefully this fixes the issues for others.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Casey - good to hear the issue is resolved on your system and welcome to the A2A forums. :)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

casey.cole
Airman Basic

Post by casey.cole »

Hey Nick, I did some more digging and found the problem I was having comes from the A2A_Accusim.dll file in the A2A gauges folder. Replacing that single file with an older copy fixed the problem for me. Not sure if that helps you on the bug fixing side, but that's what I was able to figure out.

The steps I followed: Installed the Texan to a new directory, took the A2A_Accusim.dll file from the gauges folder of the new install, placed that file into my original A2A gauges folder, overwriting the bad copy. Then I reinstalled the Texan into my original directory.

Thanks for the warm welcome :-D

curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

Post by curtis72561 »

I checked and the same issue here. I'm following the video now but would like to know what caused this to more than one person.
Beeachcraft V35 Bonanza, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Cessna C-172 Skyhawk, Cessna C-182 Skylane, Curtis P-40, North American P-51D Mustang Civilian
North American AT6 Texan, Piper PA-28 Cherokee, Piper PA-24 Comanche, Piper J-3 Cub, Supermarine Spitfire

curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

Post by curtis72561 »

curtis72561 wrote: 02 Mar 2020, 21:22 I checked and the same issue here. I'm following the video now but would like to know what caused this to more than one person.
Question. Do I need to re-install all A2A aircraft? They are in the folder that was removed and don't show up.
Beeachcraft V35 Bonanza, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Cessna C-172 Skyhawk, Cessna C-182 Skylane, Curtis P-40, North American P-51D Mustang Civilian
North American AT6 Texan, Piper PA-28 Cherokee, Piper PA-24 Comanche, Piper J-3 Cub, Supermarine Spitfire

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

curtis72561 wrote: 02 Mar 2020, 21:28 Question. Do I need to re-install all A2A aircraft? They are in the folder that was removed and don't show up.
Curtis,

Reinstalling just one should do the trick. We'll look into the issue with the A2A_Accusim.dll chaps. Please can you let us know the file version number of the copy that is present when this issue occurs. You can see the version number if you hover the mouse cursor over the file, or if you right click and view the file's properties.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”