F1 GTN650 and the autopilot

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
simonflight
Airman First Class

F1 GTN650 and the autopilot

Post by simonflight »

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can help me out here. I'm running FSX SE and have the F1 GTN650 installed but am a bit confused as to what works and what doesn't.

I see there is a thread in forum that mentions that to get the VOR indicator to work with the GPS there is a little dance you have to do with the default GPS first. I tried this and it works. But is this to be fixed ?

Also I cannot get the autopilot to follow the GPS flight plan. I did read in the manual that the autopilot doesn't follow 3rd party GPS's flight plans, so is this still the case ? is it likely to change ?

Best Regards
Simon

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: F1 GTN650 and the autopilot

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Simon,

It's unlikely that we'll make any more official updates available for the FSX version of the T-6.

As regards the Flight1 GTN, unfortunately we're a bit limited in our ability to provide support for this at present as we no longer have access to our development copies of the software. A few users have recently started reporting issues with F1 GPS products.

However, one thing you could try is replacing two .xml files in your T-6 installation with the versions in this zip file. I'm afraid I can't guarantee that this will help with the F1 gauges, but worth a try.

The files in question can be found in the following folder and I recommend you back up the originals first.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_T6_Texan\panel\A2A_T6

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

simonflight
Airman First Class

Re: F1 GTN650 and the autopilot

Post by simonflight »

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply, I'll give this a go and see what happens.

Best Regards
Simon

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”