stick and aileron not operating p3dv5

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
BrianV
Airman

stick and aileron not operating p3dv5

Post by BrianV »

Hi, I installed the latest T-6 release for P3Dv5. Oddly enough, I cannot get any side-to-side motion on the stick and thus the ailerons won't operate. It worked fine in P3D4.5. Is anyone else having this problem? I have my yoke set up with fsuipc.

Thanks for any advice,

Brian

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: stick and aileron not operating p3dv5

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Dont have P3D my self , but does the stick move elevators and does the rudder move , and is the aileron moving in FSUIPC , or has the maping been deleted somehow.
Also i know this might sound daft , but its easy to forget , is the control lock on in the aircraft.
regards alan. 8)

BrianV
Airman

Post by BrianV »

Hi Alan

Yes, the control lock is removed and also FSUIPC is working well with other planes (including the A2A cub and bonanza). Just took off in the T6 without the ability to move the stick. I have the same problem with the C182 and C172. Once airborne the plane reacts as the ailerons move but visually the don't and the stick doesn't move. Forward backward motion is fine, and the elevators work fine. Very odd.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Brian,

Do you have any aircraft-specific profiles set up in FSUIPC? If so, that would explain why you're only seeing issues in some planes.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

BrianV
Airman

Post by BrianV »

Hi Nick, no I use the same non-specific settings for all the planes. Could it be a problem of fsuipc compatibility rather than the installation of the plane?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

My guess would be that the problem is related to FSUIPC, but for what it's worth I use FSUIPC6 with all of these aircraft with no issues.

However, for troubleshooting purposes, your best bet is probably to disable FSUIPC then define the basic control axes in P3D itself and then recheck for the problem. If it's no longer present, and least we know for sure the issue lies somewhere with the FSUIPC settings.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

BrianV
Airman

Post by BrianV »

Hi Nick, indeed, I just enabled controllers within P3Dv5 and now it works. It must be something in my fsuipc6. I'll try to remove and reinstall it.

Thanks for helping out.

Brian

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Brian. Simply deleting your FSUIPC6.ini might be the best bet, but also make sure you have the latest version of the software. I'll delete your topic on the same issue in the 182 forum if that's okay since we're troubleshooting it here.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

BrianV
Airman

Post by BrianV »

A quick reinstall of fsuipc6 did the trick. Not sure what had happened to my settings here, but all in working order again. Please consider it resolved here (and likely also for the C182 and C172).

All the best

Brian

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Good to hear - thanks for the update Brian.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”