Bouncing Airplane

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
TatoBean
Airman First Class

Bouncing Airplane

Post by TatoBean »

Has there been a solution to the bouncing airplane on taxiway? In FSX, the airplane will bounce randomly and sometimes almost violently every 5-10 seconds, kinda like it's simulating going over cracks in the taxiway/runway. But it's creating pitch moments of around 5-7 degrees, so much more than a crack on a taxiway and more like running over a dead deer. I've noticed it on landing too, decent landing, roll for a few seconds suddenly one wheel will "bump" and the airplane will roll usually right, nose over and then cartwheel destroying the airplane. I feel like these two instances are related. I have only noticed it on default scenery, though I do have ORBX textures and Free Mesh X installed.

Thanks
Let the potato rest for 5 minutes.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Bouncing Airplane

Post by Jacques »

Could this be a mesh setting issue?

TatoBean
Airman First Class

Post by TatoBean »

Jacques wrote: 18 Jul 2020, 15:56 Could this be a mesh setting issue?
I don’t think so. Because it doesn’t happen consistently. It seems to be random. Plus I thought airports in FSX override the mesh and flatten the airport area. I could be wrong about that.

(Edited to include simulator program)
Last edited by TatoBean on 19 Jul 2020, 12:04, edited 1 time in total.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

The T-6 is very sensitive to cracks in the pavement and the tailwheel will bounce somewhat during taxiing. How much it bounces seems to be related to taxi speed though, so if you're taxiing too fast it will definitely bounce enough to let off a puff of smoke when it comes back down. The landing thing seems strange though...as if there aren't enough ways to mess up a T-6 landing, right? :roll:

I've seen lost of weird behaviour during landings, but it was all self inflicted... :mrgreen:
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

TatoBean
Airman First Class

Post by TatoBean »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 19 Jul 2020, 10:39 I've seen lost of weird behaviour during landings, but it was all self inflicted... :mrgreen:
I'd be willing to accept the self inflicted explanation if it was closer to touchdown, but the fact that it usually happens after I've been rolling for a solid 200' or so before it happens makes me think that this isn't something to do with my abysmal landings (huh, I'm in a real life landing slump right now too.)

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

TatoBean wrote: 19 Jul 2020, 12:02
MkIV Hvd wrote: 19 Jul 2020, 10:39 I've seen lost of weird behaviour during landings, but it was all self inflicted... :mrgreen:
I'd be willing to accept the self inflicted explanation if it was closer to touchdown, but the fact that it usually happens after I've been rolling for a solid 200' or so before it happens makes me think that this isn't something to do with my abysmal landings (huh, I'm in a real life landing slump right now too.)
Ya from your description I didn't think it was a self inflicted thing...weird and wish I could help :?
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello TatoBean,

When I have a few moments, I'll see if I can reproduce this behaviour in the T-6. In the meantime, are you using the disk or Steam version of FSX, and if the latter are you using the beta option?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

TatoBean
Airman First Class

Post by TatoBean »

Nick,

Sorry for the delayed reply, I didn't see your response. I'm using the Steam version. It doesn't happen often, once every 20 landings maybe but when it does, it's very hard to save the airplane.

Just to double check the latest update for FSX is 05_11_2020 correct?

Thanks
Tato

Edited to confirm update version

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”