P3Dv5 Load/Oil Clean Kit?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

P3Dv5 Load/Oil Clean Kit?

Post by MkIV Hvd »

I've noticed that the Oil Clean Kit icon in the Shift 4 menu no longer shows the oil level increasing when left on the airplane as it did in FSX:SE/P3Dv4. It just stays empty......

Also, lately when I load the Harvard into a scenario the prop will not turn, either with the Hand Prop on Shift 3 or with the starter. With the battery on you can hear the starter but the prop doesn't move. If I select a different airplane then go back to the Harvard, all is well. I start P3D with the default scenario then change to the Harvard, then change the location and go flying as I've always done.

It's not that either of these things are an issue particularly, but wondering if I'm the only one who's noted these behaviours ...and if it's just a "me" thing then I'm good and have a great day y'all!!

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P3Dv5 Load/Oil Clean Kit?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for post Rob - will check this out.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Thanks Rob, it turns out there was a typo that created this bug. This is within the Accu-Sim core system so will be fixed at the next update. It may be a week or so before we are able to push this out but thanks again.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Scott - A2A wrote: 20 Jan 2021, 10:26 Thanks Rob, it turns out there was a typo that created this bug. This is within the Accu-Sim core system so will be fixed at the next update. It may be a week or so before we are able to push this out but thanks again.

Scott
Thanks for the update Scott! I'm glad you found something to fix!

I just got around to flying my Harvard again last night and didn't even bother with the oil clean kit because I just wanted to see if the starter would work without a reload. It worked great right up until the engine hydra-locked (probably not a word...) and stalled the start just like the real one would...without the bent rods, etc.... :wink: So, I backed up a step and installed the oil clean kit then opened the Shift 4 menu...and watched the kit fill like the engine hadn't had a pee in months until it was about half full!! :shock:

I'm glad you found something to fix though, and thanks a lot for apparently fixing mine by remote control just by thinking about it... :lol: :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Dreamsofwings
A2A Mechanic

Post by Dreamsofwings »

I have been doing some more regular T-6 flying last couple of weeks and have noticed that almost every time I am having to use the oil clean kit before I can use the hand prop. Was the above finally fixed on an update by any chance? Just wondering if it is something going on in my sim.

Interestingly just trying now and nothing more coming out of Oil Clean Kit but prop locked up.

Restarted P3D and could hand prop

Dreamsofwings youtube channel https://m.youtube.com/c/Dreamsofwings
@dreamsofwings1 page on Facebook. Dreamsofwings1 on Instagram & Twitter

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”