Elevator trim not working

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
yosss
Airman Basic

Elevator trim not working

Post by yosss »

Hi there!

I just bought your wonderful A2A T6. While learning to fly this aircraft, I am having trouble with the elevator trim. I can see that the trim wheel is spinning and responding correctly to my inputs, but it does not have any effect on the airplane. The elevator trims works just fine on all my other A2A aircraft. I have assigned the trim through the input configurator.

I am running P3D v5.1 with FSUIPC. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Re: Elevator trim not working

Post by MkIV Hvd »

yosss wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 17:43 Hi there!

I just bought your wonderful A2A T6. While learning to fly this aircraft, I am having trouble with the elevator trim. I can see that the trim wheel is spinning and responding correctly to my inputs, but it does not have any effect on the airplane. The elevator trims works just fine on all my other A2A aircraft. I have assigned the trim through the input configurator.

Thanks in advance.
YAY, I'm not the only one!!

I was just heading to post the same thing. My T-6 experienced the same issue since installing the update that was just released this morning. I just went through a reloading/rebooting process to make sure that's what I was actually seeing. Like you, all other airplanes are fine, controller calibration is fine and you can see the trim wheel moving as well as the trim tab, however it has no effect on trim at all. I'm also on P3Dv5.1, but no FSUIPC.

I'm thinking the update changed something unintended, but I'm sure it will get fixed asap ;)

Thanks for bringing it up!

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi guys,

Thanks for the heads-up. Yes, I've just been able to reproduce this so it looks like there was an unintentional side-effect to yesterday's update. Apologies for the inconvenience; we'll get it fixed as soon as we can.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

ianfisher 101
Staff Sergeant

Post by ianfisher 101 »

Hi Nick.

Any word on this yet? As luck or unluck would have it the Misfit Squdron are in the T-6 for tonights MP flight. If it's not yet ready any chance we could roll back to yesterday to the pre-update download?

Ian
Spitfire : P-51 : L-049 : C172 : C182 : PA-24 : PA-28 : T-6 : P-40 : V35B : J-3 : P-47 : Anson : 504K : Albatros : B377 : HE-219

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

ianfisher 101 wrote: 31 Jan 2021, 10:29 Hi Nick.

Any word on this yet? As luck or unluck would have it the Misfit Squdron are in the T-6 for tonights MP flight. If it's not yet ready any chance we could roll back to yesterday to the pre-update download?

Ian
Good thought...hopefully! :wink:
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi chaps,

We're working on a proper fix for this issue, but in the meantime, if you download a copy of the 'old' Accu-Sim dll from the link below and place it in the Gauges folder (e.g. "Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\A2A\Gauges" overwriting the existing copy, your Texans should be restored to airworthy condition!

https://a2asimulations.com/updates/20.5 ... ccusim.dll

This file above can be used for P3Dv5 and P3Dv4 but for anyone using FSX or earlier versions of P3D, please don't use it.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Thanks NIck!!
On the way to check it out!!
yosss wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 17:43 Hi there!

Thanks in advance.
yosss - Note that help has arrived!! Have fun with your T-6!!

EDIT: Tested and all is well...thanks Nick!!

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello guys,

Just a quick heads-up that an official fix is now available via the "T-6 Check for Updates" icon. Many thanks for your patience with this one and happy flying! :)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

yosss
Airman Basic

Post by yosss »

Fantastic! Thank you very much. Your'e the best!

Now it's time for me to dive deeply into this bird.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome yosss - hope you enjoy getting to grips with the T-6! :)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

mkjordan
Senior Airman

Post by mkjordan »

Thanks Nick for the old accusim.dll
This sorted out the trimming problems in P3Dv5.1 not only with my T-6 Texan but also C172R, C182 Skylane, Comanche and Cherokee.

regards,
M. Jordan.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Nick - A2A wrote: 31 Jan 2021, 13:10 Hello guys,

Just a quick heads-up that an official fix is now available via the "T-6 Check for Updates" icon. Many thanks for your patience with this one and happy flying! :)

Cheers,
Nick
Hi Nick;

Quick question;

I have just read this thread and booted up the PC and checked my T6 for updating(P3Dv5) on the start menu. Box came up saying no updates were available.
Did I do something wrong? Haven't used P3D for a while and the T6 has just been sitting there.
My planes all came through our store of course if that matters.
Dudley

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Dudley,

This thread is a few months old, so changes are you already have the latest version installed. If you want to double-check, you can compare the version number shown in your list of installed apps in Windows Settings against the latest version number (currently 21.1.31.0) which should always be shown in this pinned topic.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Nick - A2A wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 14:40 Hi Dudley,

This thread is a few months old, so changes are you already have the latest version installed. If you want to double-check, you can compare the version number shown in your list of installed apps in Windows Settings against the latest version number (currently 21.1.31.0) which should always be shown in this pinned topic.

Thanks,
Nick
Ohhhhh, thanks Nick. I missed the dating on the thread.
Hope you and yours have been well.
D

mkjordan
Senior Airman

Post by mkjordan »

Hi Nick and Dudley,
My GA fleet have been "in the hangar" for a couple of months, I've been mostly flying the Spitfire and "Connie" when I've had time to fly, they're both fine!
I noticed however that the T-6 Texan didn't want to trim up into level flight making me pull back on the joystick a little.
This week I wanted to do a tour of France so the GA planes came out and they all nosed up and would not level out, at first I thought it was my hardware but in P3Dv4 there are no trimming problems with these planes.
I've been trying to find out what was wrong for about a week now! After replacing the Accusim.dll they are all fine now so I thought I would reply to let you know that the update is causing problems in other aircraft too and can be solved with the old accusim.dll.
Now I can enjoy flying over France during the Easter break

Happy Easter!

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”