Strange Things whilst on GROUND with the T-6

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Busty_Bomber
Airman First Class

Strange Things whilst on GROUND with the T-6

Post by Busty_Bomber »

Hi,

I noticed some odd behavior with this bird whilst on the ground running some tests.

-First off if you put it on jacks for some reason when i click the battery on/off via 2D panel or the physical button the plane while on jacks jumps back or "hops" back like rabbit.

-Second issue (unsure) were the towing control inverted? because when i press right, it goes left and when i press left it goes right.

-Third (unsure) there is no visible pilot or passenger at this time? :?:

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Strange Things whilst on GROUND with the T-6

Post by Jacques »

When you select the plane as “empty” in the 2D panel, the battery option is unavailable (in my install) but, yes, it does move backwards a bit when first selecting the jacks!

If you are looking at the Texan from the nose, then ,yes, the controls for tail left and right appear opposite. I think the assumption is that if you were swinging the aircraft to the left or right, you would be at the rear of the aircraft and pushing the tail either left or right, which is then a correct animation.
(This caught me out, too, at first…now it seems perfectly natural! )

If you go to the shift+4 panel and click in the rear seat field, a passenger image populates to the right, click on the pax image and they populate into the Texan. Then you can adjust the weight of the pax using the (+)plus and (-)minus fields.

Busty_Bomber
Airman First Class

Post by Busty_Bomber »

Thanks for your notification mate. I also wanted to ask why is there no flame "pop" when you hear a loud bang from the engine when you abuse the throttle a bit. there should some something there visually right?

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Sometimes developers leave some “eye candy” out as a necessity to bring in another feature or features that is (are) more important to the project as a whole.

The backfire flame would be cool, but since I try to avoid doing that, I don’t really miss it! 😂

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”