Cannot have the T6 and the P-40 working on P3D v4

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MS-505
Airman Basic

Cannot have the T6 and the P-40 working on P3D v4

Post by MS-505 »

Hello A2A team and users!

Both the accusim T6 and P-40 are not working on P3D v4.
I can select the aircraft in the menu and launch a flight, but once in the cockpit:
- there are no sounds, at least inside the cockpit
- the panel switches (such as magnetos etc.) can be activated, but do not seem to produce anything in the simulation
- it is impossible to start the engine; even using the autostart function
- it is impossible to access the maintenance hangar (there is the red message that says engine must be stopped - even though engine is actually stopped -and it is impossible to bypass it)

I have the issue with the T6 and P-40, which are installed since last september I think.
I recently added the accusim B-17 to my P3D fleet, and this one is working fine, so at least it is not a general accusim bug
I have reviewed the troubleshoot FAQ and have not been able to identify the source of the issue from it. I have also tried to uninstall and reinstall but this does not change anything.
Maybe I should uninstall and reinstall P3D but I would like to avoid this if possible because I have some 3d party add-ons that take a long time to install.

Thanks in advance and happy flying

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Cannot have the T6 and the P-40 working on P3D v4

Post by Paughco »

Check to make sure that you haven’t left the aircraft in “slew” mode. Slew is toggled with the [Y] key. Don’t ask me how I know…

Seeya
ATB

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Paughco wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 19:33 Slew is toggled with the [Y] key. Don’t ask me how I know…
Seeya
ATB
The Y key? So that's how it's done! :roll:
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

MS-505
Airman Basic

Post by MS-505 »

Hello

Thank you for your reply.

I have checked, and can confirm the issue does not come from slew mode being activated.

Further precision, I am using the latest version of P3Dv4 (4.5.14.34698), so it does not come from an outdated version either.

Latest finding :fsx: vs. :p3d:
Navigating other sections of the forum, I have found a topic describing a similar issue with the A2A Spitfire, except that it occurred on FSX and not P3D.
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=73827

Maybe this can help find the source of the issue in P3D.

Best regards.

MS-505
Airman Basic

Post by MS-505 »

Hello

Some updates.
I have tried to uninstall all the A2A add ons I have on P3D; including the one which was functioning (the B-17). I also did a manual uninstall of some folders that remain after the automatic uninstaller has run.

The good news is there is some improvement
- The P-40 is now functioning 8)
- The B-17 is still functioning :D

The bad news is I still have the same issue with the T-6 :shock:
I have noticed one thing: if I only install the version that comes with the download from the online store, without running the updater, the aircraft partially functions. I can launch the engine and do a complete flight; but I do not have engine sounds when I am in the cockpit (if I switch to external view I have them).
If I update to the latest version with the updater I cant launch the engine , cant access the maintenance menu... aircraft totally inoperable.

If someone has an idea about how to solve this, it will be much welcome.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Are you starting P3Dv4 at a default airport in a default P3dv4 airplane and then loading the A2A aircraft…or do you load directly into the A2A aircraft from the start menu?

MS-505
Airman Basic

Post by MS-505 »

Hi Jacques,
I load directly into the A2A aircraft from the P3D menu.

I also have noticed that since I have tried to update the T6 to the latest version, the P40 is no longer functioning and I only have the b17 doing ok... so I am back to square one!

MS-505
Airman Basic

Post by MS-505 »

Hi

I made another attempt uninstalling and reinstalling each aircraft and this time everything is running fine :D
From what I understand now, it is not enough to uninstall aircrafts through the downloaded installer. You have to manually remove remaining files in your "user" and "AppData Roaming" folder. Apparently an old T-6 related file remained in this "AppData Roaming" folder, which caused bugs when I tried to reinstall.

Thank you to those who made suggestions, this was much appreciated.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Good you got things going again! Just a quick word of caution : things can get wonky if you load directly into a complex aircraft (like A2A aircraft). Loading into a default P3D aircraft first and then switching to your A2A aircraft takes a little more time but does eliminate the potential for strange behavior in your A2A aircraft down the road!

MS-505
Airman Basic

Post by MS-505 »

Well received. Thank you

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”