Post by Corktip_14 »

Looking good!!!

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Finished Connie Paints

Post by jcblom »

link: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/fil ... ts-48-612/

background:
USAAF C-121A 48-612, which was c/n 2604, one of the first batch of Constellation L-749's that went to the USAF as C-121's. 48-612 was delivered to the USAF MATS Atlantic Division on the 18th of January 1949. Her first assigment was to fly supplies in support of the air bridge to berlin, between Westover AFB and Frankfurt Rhein-Main. She was later converted to VC-121, with a luxury interior, flying VIPs all over the world. In 1962, with the arrival of VC-135 jet transports, she was transferrd to Wiesbaden, Germany for Special Missions until retirement in 1967. She was bought by Christler Flying Service, registered as N9465 and converted for agricultural spraying. She later flew with Conifair as G-GXKR. In 1979, she was sold to the Dutch Stichting Constellation Club Nederland, registered as N749VR, and flown to Tucson, where her props were removed (it was bought without props!). The aircraft was donated to the Aviodrome Museum in the Netherlands, if the museum would restore it. This was done and in 2002, the aircraft flew to Amsterdam with borrowed propellors and one borrowed engine. In the Netherlands, it was converted to accept Hamilton Standard propellors, and new engines were installed, and with these, it flew to the Aviodrome in Lelystad, where it is currently on static display.
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

cbramkamp
Senior Airman

Post by cbramkamp »

Wow, best looking repaint (in my eyes) so far. Well done

N324JK
Staff Sergeant

Post by N324JK »

gad11 wrote:
Wow! Love this repaint! Created an forum account just to come tell you this. Favorite so far. Love fictional airlines!
Wow, thanks! Hope you enjoy flying her!
Jon K.
Image Image Image ImageImage

ebo
Master Sergeant

Post by ebo »

Wow some stunning stuff! Do you ever sleep or eat? [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

AerialShorts
Staff Sergeant

Post by AerialShorts »

A MATS Connie! So beautiful! Thanks Jan! Reading the info, I may have toured this one in Tucson - Marana, actually (if it is the same one). The one I toured was owned by Paul Allen of Microsoft fame and he had I think three Connies in Marana out at the Marana Regional Airport. Very cool!

Looks like two were still there as of whenever the Google Maps satellite view was captured: https://www.google.com/maps/@32.4108608 ... a=!3m1!1e3
VR Simming with HP G2 - And Loving It!

BendyFlyer
Airman

Post by BendyFlyer »

This is a special thanks to Taildraggin68 for the VC paints, they are great and now being used by my humble self. The Air North paint is just perfect for that boondocks cargo operation. Great work and very much appreciated by me.

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

BendyFlyer wrote:This is a special thanks to Taildraggin68 for the VC paints, they are great and now being used by my humble self. The Air North paint is just perfect for that boondocks cargo operation. Great work and very much appreciated by me.
You're welcome. Glad you're enjoying the paints 8)

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Jankees, outstanding work Sir.

We (our squadron "51st Warbirds") have been looking for something like this MATS. We plan on doing our own when time allows but this is wonderful.

Thank you for your work! 8)

Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

Thank you, guys, I hope you'll enjoy my paints.
Here's another:

link: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/fil ... phoenix-6/

Phoenix 6, a US Navy RV7-1 Super Constellation with BuNo 131624, that was used to supply the US base on Antarctica. It flew with VX-6 and was stationed at RNZAF base Wigram, New Zealand and would fly annually to McMurdo Sound, Antactica between 1958 and 1971, when she was retired. It was scrapped in 1977.
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

N324JK
Staff Sergeant

Post by N324JK »

Probably my last one for now...a Connie converted to an aerial firefighter. Custom window night lighting to simulate the windows being painted over (on the inside, anyway).

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5rnfctfp7g9vb ... T.zip?dl=0

Enjoy, and happy flying!
Jon K.
Image Image Image ImageImage

jeansy
Airman First Class

Post by jeansy »

Matt
FS Painter @ The Hangar
Or Click here to direct access to All my Repaints

AUSTRALIA

jeansy
Airman First Class

Post by jeansy »

Matt
FS Painter @ The Hangar
Or Click here to direct access to All my Repaints

AUSTRALIA

trindade
Staff Sergeant

Post by trindade »

Amazing work guys!!!

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

Hoi Jan-Kees,
jcblom wrote: background:
USAAF C-121A 48-612, which was c/n 2604, one of the first batch of Constellation L-749's that went to the USAF as C-121's. 48-612 was delivered to the USAF MATS Atlantic Division on the 18th of January 1949. Her first assigment was to fly supplies in support of the air bridge to berlin, between Westover AFB and Frankfurt Rhein-Main. She was later converted to VC-121, with a luxury interior, flying VIPs all over the world. In 1962, with the arrival of VC-135 jet transports, she was transferrd to Wiesbaden, Germany for Special Missions until retirement in 1967. She was bought by Christler Flying Service, registered as N9465 and converted for agricultural spraying. She later flew with Conifair as G-GXKR. In 1979, she was sold to the Dutch Stichting Constellation Club Nederland, registered as N749VR, and flown to Tucson, where her props were removed (it was bought without props!). The aircraft was donated to the Aviodrome Museum in the Netherlands, if the museum would restore it. This was done and in 2002, the aircraft flew to Amsterdam with borrowed propellors and one borrowed engine. In the Netherlands, it was converted to accept Hamilton Standard propellors, and new engines were installed, and with these, it flew to the Aviodrome in Lelystad, where it is currently on static display.
Great repaint! Real classic, also nice Dutch connection 8)

Sorry have to nick-pick :roll: , it's not USAF on the wings, yet MATS.

Grtz,

Marcel

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”