ESGG-ESSA Flight report (in technicolor)

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
addman
Staff Sergeant

ESGG-ESSA Flight report (in technicolor)

Post by addman »

Since I can't stop using the V-key on this bird, I thought that I might as well do a little flight report. I'm going to write a stand-alone praise piece on the A2A Connie because it really deserves it, fantastic aircraft from an amazing group of virtual aircraft developers. Praise also goes to "Manor" for his beautiful "Laleh Viking" livery. For now though:

Right after take-off from ESGG Landvetter airport, beautiful summer morning.

Climbing to 16000 feet which is a fair altitude for the weather and distance. Breakfast is being prepared and served at this point.

Flying alongside (luckily) something that looks like a bumpy ride.

Checking out that sweet paint-job by Manor.

Initiating descent 110 miles out from ESSA, cabin crew start cleaning up after breakfast just before I initiated the descent by lucky coincidence. Starting to get pretty bumpy under 7000 feet but calm winds at least.

Taxiing to the gates after a successful landing, sorry no landing pics, too busy keeping her on the glideslope path.

Parked and unloaded, passengers kept complementing Betty but for some reason she wasn't happy with me. I might have to practice those coordinated turns towards final a bit more. Other than that, perfect flight!

Oh! and here is also a picture of the real Laleh, if you are wondering who the plane is named after. Famous Swedish-Iranian singer/ -songwriter/ -producer etc.
Last edited by addman on 09 Jan 2017, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers!/Andreas

Manor
Senior Airman

Re: ESGG-ESSA Flight report (in technicolor)

Post by Manor »

Holy crap those screenshots look good! Beautiful! They seriously look like photos. Think I'll have to get P3D after all!
And yes A2A did an amazing job on this bird :!: The L-049 is seriously one of the most beautiful planes I've ever seen and now have the honour to fly! :D

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Stunning screenshots!! Did you do any post editing or is that straight from the sim? If straight from the sim, what settings (presumably in PTA) are you using? The color tone in the last two pictures looks absolutely real.

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

molleh wrote:Stunning screenshots!! Did you do any post editing or is that straight from the sim? If straight from the sim, what settings (presumably in PTA) are you using? The color tone in the last two pictures looks absolutely real.
Thank you! It's just some adjustments in the P3D lighting settings+PTA Tool+Ultimate Realism preset with slightly tuned down haze and Rayleigh scatter effect. Here are my P3D lighting settings:
Manor wrote:Holy crap those screenshots look good! Beautiful! They seriously look like photos. Think I'll have to get P3D after all!
And yes A2A did an amazing job on this bird :!: The L-049 is seriously one of the most beautiful planes I've ever seen and now have the honour to fly! :D
Thanks, your repaint made them all better :mrgreen:. P3D is great, the only issues I have are with pretty heavy aliasing on some vegetation and shimmering on the flight instruments. Ground textures can also appear a little blurry and washed out. The PTA tool + preset of choice makes it look a lot better though.
Cheers!/Andreas

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”