2 questions

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
[email protected]
Airman Basic

2 questions

Post by [email protected] »

Just bought p3d V5.2 only for this truly wonderful and beautiful plane, so maybe dumb questions. (Not new to flightsims, only to p3d)
- How do I switch on the rain effects on the windscreen, or do I need active sky for that ?
- I get every few minutes the message about loosing power because I am not leaning the engines correct, but the mixture levers seem to have only 3 positions auto-rich, auto lean and off. (I use 4 separate hardware levers (axis) for mixture). If I move the virtual levers by mouse I get the same message and even if I let the flight engineer control the engines I still get that message.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: 2 questions

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome!
[email protected] wrote: 02 Dec 2021, 06:46 - How do I switch on the rain effects on the windscreen, or do I need active sky for that ?
I'm afraid the L-409 doesn't include the dynamic windshield rain effects seen in our GA aircraft. We took the decision not to include it because the current version of these effects doesn't support windshield wipers.
[email protected] wrote: 02 Dec 2021, 06:46 I get every few minutes the message about loosing power because I am not leaning the engines correct, but the mixture levers seem to have only 3 positions auto-rich, auto lean and off. (I use 4 separate hardware levers (axis) for mixture). If I move the virtual levers by mouse I get the same message and even if I let the flight engineer control the engines I still get that message.
Yes, these messages are based on the default P3D fuel/air mixture leaning state which isn't represented very realistically. Because Accu-Sim includes a completely standalone simulation of this behaviour, we recommend that you untick "user tips" in the P3D information settings.

Thanks and hope you enjoy the Connie in P3Dv5.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

[email protected]
Airman Basic

Thank you for the information.

[email protected]
Airman Basic

Use the conny now for the aerosoft 80 days around the world journey and I so wished it had rain effects. This plane is a work of art. Is it possible to add a partial rain effect. If you add it on the glass around the wiping action of the window it will look strange with the wipers off but I do not think anybody would mind. When it rains I now turn on the wipers and it will be much better with rain effect around the wiped surface instead of nothing. These wipers are so magnificent, by far the best I have ever seen (and I have a huge amount of studylevel planes in Xplane and P3D) it is such a waist not to use them. I even would not mind paying for this effect

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”