L-049 question to A2A

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
theophile
Airman

L-049 question to A2A

Post by theophile »

Hi,
I was wondering why,when the flight engineer placard says you should never allow the nr 2 and nr 3 fuel tanks to exceed the quantity of the nr 1 and nr 4 fuel tanks,the preset fuel tank menu does just that?
In fact,presetting a low fuel setting sets the inner tanks up with more fuel than the outer tanks.
Would appreciate any reply

Eric Schellekens
Belgium

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Re: L-049 question to A2A

Post by flapman »

I just tried it in FSX Acceleration and all 4 tanks were equal at 410 USGal?

theophile
Airman

Post by theophile »

I am sorry,you are quite right.On the fuel gauges,it looks like the nr2 and the nr3 gauges look higher than the nr1 and the nr4 gauges,but in reality they have the same quantity.My mistake.
Thank you very much for checking this for me.Appreciate it very much.

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

You're certainly welcome.
Take note of the two white dots on the fuel instruments. They have a special significance in relation to this question, and can make connie fuel management very easy.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Almost all my flights in the Connie have been with the low default fuel setting. The one flight where I had the airplane fully fueled was when I participated in a trans-Atlantic flight with the A2A Misfit Squadron. It worked out very well. The Flight Engineer managed the fuel tanks perfectly. I monitored the situation just to see how it was going, but all I had to do was fly the airplane and chit chat with my pals.

Seeya
ATB

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

Hi to all, I have a question for this thread. I do TAXI with Connie and during hard turns the plane doesn't turn as expected. She taxi turns to the side too open. Boeings turn more closer as expected. Is there I can edit from Aircraft.cfg file to make a test?
Pat

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”