Aircraft Will Not Load

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
SpitfireMelodeon
Senior Airman

Aircraft Will Not Load

Post by SpitfireMelodeon »

Hi Folks

Win 10
P3dv5
Good specs on my machine, 64 bit etc

No problem with install (tried twice) deleted extra folders as advised on this forum for clean reinstall.
All the usual tricks - load default a/c first, simple scenery, deleted .cfg file, switch off computer etc.

The simulator loads - the 'outside' view Connie is there but the screen is frozen and the programme eventually gives up. If I try from a virtual cockpit view I get a black interior with a few dials and engine noise for a couple of seconds but the screen is frozen.

I deleted everything and did a fresh download from the store (Just Flight) - still exactly the same.
Double checked I had the correct version, more than once.....

I am now completely stumped.

The A2A Bonanza I installed a couple of days ago has given me no problems.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

SpitfireMelodeon
Senior Airman

Re: Aircraft Will Not Load

Additional information.

Uninstalled the Connie again and have now noticed that the Bonanza tachometer engine hours have reset to zero.

Possibly related?

Cheers and Beers
Bill

ImageImageImage

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Bill,

Sorry to hear you're having a few problems. You mention above that you "deleted .cfg file" but please can you just clarify if you mean deleting the Prepar3D.cfg itself? If not, this is what I'd recommend to make sure that there are no sim settings causing the issue.

You also mention double-checking you've got the correct version, so presumably this means you're definitely using the P3Dv5 version of the Connie installer, and not the P3Dv4 version?

Please can you let us know the exact file path where the add-ons are installed? For example, whether it's in the default "P3Dv5 Add-ons" folder in the "Documents" directory, and if so whether the Documents folder itself is within the Microsoft OneDrive folder and being synced by the app.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

SpitfireMelodeon
Senior Airman

Hi Nick

Thank you for responding so promptly.

I have reinstalled again. Followed everything to the letter. Problem still with me.

Yes, the file is in Documents "Prepar3Dv5 Add Ons".
Two folders in "A2A". One called L049 along with a Bonanza folder. Both contain 'tools' and pilots manual etc.
One folder in "Sim Objects - Airplanes" called WoS l049 which appears to have all the relevant files similar to the Bonanza which is in the same folder next to it.

Another, separate, folder in Documents is called "A2A" which I don't remember creating, it contains an "FSX" and "P3D" folder plus two dat files 'Audio' and 'FSXAccusim'.
In the P3D folder is the file "Bonanza 35" which is empty.
In the FSX folder is a "Bonanza 35" folder containing a few files BAK1 BAK2 etc and a "L049" folder which is empty.

There is no file, either 'My Documents' or any A2A file, in OneDrive.

I have again tried deleting the Prepar3D.cfg in "User - App Data - Roaming - Lockheed Martin - Prepar3Dv5" but this still doesn't solve the problem.

The Constellation is fully updated (through the install) to 20.11.1.0
I purchased P3Dv5 a few days ago and it is fully up to date.

Being a non-techie type I hope I have explained everything coherently?

That is about all that I can think of to help you and now (chuckle) my head is spinning....

Cheers and Beers
Bill

ImageImageImage

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Bill.
I use FSXA/WIN7 so not familiar with P3D/WIN10 , and i have purchased all my A2A aircraft direct from A2A so i got quicker access to updates , but one thing that might be interfering with install is anti virus softwhare , make sure its set to ignor anything flightsim related , incase its corrupting the files on install .
regards Alan. 8)

SpitfireMelodeon
Senior Airman

Thanks Alan

I always inhibit my anti virus software before download and install.
As I mentioned, I had no problem with the Bonanza.

Cheers and Beers
Bill

ImageImageImage

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the added info. Hmm, this is a bit of an odd one, not least because the Bonanza seems to be working okay. We tend to find that if there's a problematic piece of software or a general issue with a customer's installation, it affects all Accu-Sim products.

In your case, the fact that the "Documents\A2A\FSX\L049" is empty, suggest that the software isn't able to write to the location for some reason.

Please could you just confirm that the "Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoS_L049\panel" folder contains the following three *.dll files?

Screenshot 2021-11-01 151639.png
Screenshot 2021-11-01 151639.png (32.83 KiB) Viewed 5006 times

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

SpitfireMelodeon
Senior Airman

Hi Nick
Thanks

Yes my file looks exactly like your image. All present and correct.

Cheers
Bill

ImageImageImage

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, cheers Bill.

If you don't already do so, please could you try launching P3Dv5 with admin privileges to see if this makes any difference. To do this, right click its icon in the Windows start menu, click on "more" and then "run as administrator".

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

SpitfireMelodeon
Senior Airman

Dear Nick

I must be getting too long in the tooth.
I thought and worried about everything - but that, the simple answer.

Now up and running.

Thank you so much and sorry to have wasted so much of your valuable time.

Cheers and Beers

Bill

ImageImageImage

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Spitfire: GLAD you got your flight sim running and all your A2A aircraft working!

One thing that helps is to start your flight sim at a default airport with a default aircraft. I've got my default flight set as the Maule Rocket parked at Sequim (W28). I've been told by the experts that once you see the startup scenario screen with your default aircraft rotating in the little window, there's no need to fully load the default aircraft then change things with the sim fully operating; you can change in the startup scenario screen to an A2A aircraft, go to your favorite airport, or load a scenario with an A2A aircraft - whatever.

I use my 'puter more for flight sim than for work, so I've got shortcut icons on the desktop for Active Sky and P3D. Just right-click on the program.exe icon in the program folder and drag and drop it onto the desktop. You get a choice - select "shortcut," and you're on your way, almost. Now, click right on the shortcut icon you just installed and select properties. Click on "advanced." After the Advanced Properties window opens, click on the "Run as administrator" box.

Awright!

Seeya
ATB

SpitfireMelodeon
Senior Airman

Thanks for the tips ATB

When I left FSX four years ago to go to XPlane the only thing I missed was A2A.

I'm glad to be finding my way around P3D and seem to have forgotten a few basics.....

*But*, I have an A2A hangar again.

I'm very pleased (and not surprised) to see that the forums on here are still as friendly as ever.

Cheers and Beers
Bill

ImageImageImage

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Bill - you're very welcome and great to hear you're up and running with the Connie. Hope you enjoy flying her in P3Dv5. :)

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”