Connie Heating Issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ADFGVX
Airman

Connie Heating Issue

Post by ADFGVX »

After owning and flying the connie for about a year now, I think I have come across my very first inflight failure today, which seems to be the heater not working anymore. The cabin temp dropped below zero degrees celsius. Now upon googling this faliure (to check if it wasn't a bug in this case) I stumbled upon a post describing this specific failure. In the post it was mentioned in a comment that COTS will react to this issue and even assist in a possible descent/diversion. But ,as long as I havent overheard it, in my case no one from the crew raised any concerns

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Re: Connie Heating Issue

Post by flapman »

There were no statements from the Crew? The Stewardess didn't mention it "getting cold back here"?
Did you have any passengers loaded?
Did you have the career mode enabled?

ADFGVX
Airman

Post by ADFGVX »

Yes to both, the flight engineer didnt't say anything either, but I have to say that was a borked flight. There were also no engine sounds, which was fixed automatically the next flight. But the main thing I want to know, and don't get me wrong here I might have completely misundestood, is what was meant by "the crew will help you with the descent and picking a suitable airport" which was mentioned in this other thread about an heating failure

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

No worries,
ADFGVX wrote: 05 May 2022, 18:27 There were also no engine sounds,
Did you have any crew voices at all? I suspect they might be related.
But the main thing I want to know, and don't get me wrong here I might have completely misundestood, is what was meant by "the crew will help you with the descent and picking a suitable airport" which was mentioned in this other thread about an heating failure
I'm not sure what they meant. I made a search of this failure on the forums and couldn't find the statement you're talking about. Do you happen to know where you found it? I've never seen or heard about these crew functions.

ADFGVX
Airman

Post by ADFGVX »

https://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=57966
This is the thread I'm referring to

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Hello,
The crew will not assist you in your decent. They, and the passengers, will however grade you on your decisions, skills and the comfort level for the passengers. The FE, if activated, will take care of the climate control and some aspects of engine management but will not aid in decision making or flight controls.

Cheers
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”