[Resolved] Flaps Issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

[Resolved] Flaps Issue

Post by MarcE »

Hi everyone,

first of all I want to thank you for this overwhelming airplane!! just wonderfully done, outstanding!

unfortunately i am experiencing major issues with the flaps. But as nobody else is writing about it in the tech support section, it might be on my side (?).

I am going to write it in short terms to keep it as clear as possible

- addon installed with right click, run as admin. antivirus deactivated. all that FSX/P3D standard stuff, as always.
-Win 10, P3D v3.4 (not the very latest update) professional.
-the keyboard settings (F5 to F8) are set via the prepared control settings. my axis are set via FSUIPC. I have NO hardware axis assigned to the flaps with the Connie.

- engines running, FE station set by the virtual engineer
- moving the flaps lever with F7 -> copilot says "flaps take off" but the flaps extend fully
- pressing F6 -> lever moves to "up", copilot says "flaps up", flaps remain extended.
-move flaps lever with the mouse -> nothing happens now.
- pressing F5 -> flaps retract without copilot callout.

reloading or repairing the aircraft makes no difference.

under the line I have full flaps or none.

am I missing something? Is there a bug? I almost can't imagine so as this would have been recognized during the beta..

any help is heavily appreciated.. it's way hard to fly like this :|

greets and merry christmas

Marc
Last edited by MarcE on 25 Dec 2016, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Flaps Issue

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Marc,

given no one else reporting and it being reported only once in Beta I would be fairly confident that the issue is with FSUIPC. Try disabling it altogether and then seeing if all of a sudden things work.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Hi Lewis,

well, i won't be the only one using FSUIPC.. But I will give it a try to delete FSUIPC.. but actually my whole P3d runs using it with different setups for every aircraft, A2A, Majestics, PMDG and so on.. without any issues so far... I'll try it!

Thanks for the response..

Greets,
Marc

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Indeed you wont be the only one but with the wide range of settings and it being reproduced in beta and not by any other FSUIPC users and being a setting/config in FSUIPC i'll wager its the same thing.

thanks,
Lewis

AerialShorts
Staff Sergeant

Post by AerialShorts »

Hey Marc, I had something similar happen on the analog flight controls and I also run FSUIPC. It turns out it was something had wonked with my control sensitivities in the FSX controls setup without me realizing it.

Be sure to save your FSUIPC config file before you whack it or just move that directory to a safe place for testing as all that is really necessary is hiding the .dll file. That makes it easy to put back.

But check your controls dialog in FSX. Maybe something did an assignment for flap controls for you that is causing the issue?
VR Simming with HP G2 - And Loving It!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Here's the Beta comment on the issue;
OK, it looks like this was an issue caused by FSUIPC4.

On this laptop I had several key combos mapped to various functions for
flying the B-17G and I thought that I specified "Aircraft Specific" in the
FSUIPC4 key assignment menu.

Apparently there are a number of keys that are mapped globally and
for some reason caused the indications I noted above.

I disabled FSUIPC4 and the mouse activated TO flaps and Flaps Up worked as they should.

Paul

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Indeed, deleting the FSUIPC.dll from the modules folder made the flaps work properly.

Then I reinstalled the latest version of FSUIPC (I had an older one before) and the flaps extended fully again.

So this would mean the Connie is only usable if you don't have FSUIPC??? None of the Beta testers uses it? My whole sim is set up via it as I have very different setups for the different planes. and there are absolutely no issues beside this. Deleting FSUIPC is definitely no option.

When the T-6 was released there were issues with the fuel supply and Scott called me at home that I could check several things. He then programmed a filter and gave us a hotfix that was implemented in the first patch... So I hope this will be resolvable, too.. FSUIPC is just a common tool that is even required for a lot of addons to actually work..

I actually don't understand, why FSUIPC messes up the flaps?? they are set via the Connie's input configurator and the default F5-F8 keys.

Greets,
Marc

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Here's the Beta comment on the issue;
OK, it looks like this was an issue caused by FSUIPC4.

On this laptop I had several key combos mapped to various functions for
flying the B-17G and I thought that I specified "Aircraft Specific" in the
FSUIPC4 key assignment menu.

Apparently there are a number of keys that are mapped globally and
for some reason caused the indications I noted above.

I disabled FSUIPC4 and the mouse activated TO flaps and Flaps Up worked as they should.

Paul

I'll check this. Thanks..

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

ok, I checked my FSUIPC setup. There are absolutely no global commands. everything is specified to an aircraft profile. No axis are set via the P3D control setup.

I don't understand that, sorry. that's a flap setting... simply setting 0-1-2-3. nothing complicated.. actually...Of course there's accusim behind that, but that's triggered via Simconnect.. HOW can FSUIPC mess this up by just being installed???

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

You don't think there is one, but I can assure you there is. I had the same problem early in the BETA where I couldn't get the engines to start and the mixture levers to work correctly. The only way to fix this was a complete uninstall of FSUIPC, deleting or renaming all the CFGs, removing the registry references, and then re-installing. Then, I re-installed, ran FS to generate new CFGs, and then manually copied in the profiles via Notepad. That cleared up the issue and interestingly solved several others I didn't think were FSUIPC related.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

CAPFlyer wrote:You don't think there is one, but I can assure you there is. I had the same problem early in the BETA where I couldn't get the engines to start and the mixture levers to work correctly. The only way to fix this was a complete uninstall of FSUIPC, deleting or renaming all the CFGs, removing the registry references, and then re-installing. Then, I re-installed, ran FS to generate new CFGs, and then manually copied in the profiles via Notepad. That cleared up the issue and interestingly solved several others I didn't think were FSUIPC related.

ouch...

ok.

I will have to visit my grandma at the hospital now... I'm going to do that later. maybe tomorrow.

you mean the p3d.cfg and that stuff? or just FSUIPC?

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Just the FSUIPC.CFG is required, but I did a new (in my case FSX.cfg) anyway just to make sure I cleared out any idiot key bindings that might have crept in just as a safeguard.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Man... thanks guys for the hint and thank you CAPFlyer for the confirmation to look for FSUIPC.

I have just looked through the FSUIPC.ini for any global settings I had missed and found something strange just concerning the flaps. In the section "joystick calibration" in FSUIPC on page 6/11 the setting "Flaps" was checked and something was set globally, I have no clue, what I did there. didn't actually make sense. I unchecked it for the Connie profile and now everything works as it should.

Luckily I was too lazy to reinstall the whole thing :D

Thank you!

Greets,
Marc

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Re: [Resolved] Flaps Issue

Post by CAPFlyer »

Glad to be of help. Believe me, I felt like an idiot when I figured out I'd mostly wasted Scott's time. ;)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: [Resolved] Flaps Issue

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear your up and running again. happy flying!

cheers,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”