Cockpit Mouseology

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Re: Cockpit Mouseology

Post by ryanbatc »

Thanks for this post, and thanks A2A for the aircraft. It's making me work haha

Hopefully this is right spot for my post. Is there a way to change the mouse wheel operation for the frequency tuning? Currently if I mouse down (or towards myself) the values increase. It should be the other way around in my brain. Mouse up/forward = increase frequency value.

Any thoughts?

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

I agree and most aircraft adopt this method.
Cheers
Trev

FunktasticLucky
Airman

Post by FunktasticLucky »

I feel like the mouse wheel direction is completely random depending on which knob you're operating. They need to all be consistent with each other. At first I was like meh I can deal with it. But now it's kind of become a nuisance hehe. My game kept crashing and after a 3.5 hour flight halfway to oshkosh p3d crashed and I got pissed off so I have completely removed everything. Once I get everything back up and running I'll compile a list of all knobs that seem to be backwards. Thank you for such an amazing plane though. She's challenging but fun.

Scott444
Airman

Post by Scott444 »

+1 regarding mouse scroll wheel issue and autopilot trim controls. I have observed this querky behavior with both the Constellation and B377 autopilot trim controls (elevator as well as directional). It appears that when there is certain # of milliseconds pause in the input from the mouse scroll wheel when hovering over the VC control knob/handle, the FSX trim response inadvertently toggles to the opposite +/- direction even though the mouse scroll wheel is being rolled in the same direction.

Hopefully this problem can be tracked down and fixed as it seriously affects the autopilot trim function for both the Connie & B377.

Scott444
FSX/Acceleration (boxed), Win7

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Scott444 wrote:It appears that when there is certain # of milliseconds pause in the input from the mouse scroll wheel when hovering over the VC control knob/handle, the FSX trim response inadvertently toggles to the opposite +/- direction even though the mouse scroll wheel is being rolled in the same direction.

Hopefully this problem can be tracked down and fixed [...]
Rob has already said they've found and fixed the issue earlier in this thread. :wink:

As regards the mouse wheel rotation direction for things like tuning the radio frequencies, it seems to me that the mechanical dials in the real aircraft are a bit counter-intuitive and this is simply reflected in the direction we have to turn the mouse wheel.

Cheers,
Nick

JonP01
Airman

Post by JonP01 »

I actually have this very same question with regard the mouse wheel usage for the COMMS 1 and 2 and NAV 1 and 2 selectors (but nothing else). As you point out, mechanically these four radios are very unintuitive. I can't even remember any device where turning anything clockwise decreased something and turning it counter-clockwise increased something. But as you point out, the current coding of the mouse wheel seems to reflect this lack of intuition which is of course inconsistent with pretty much everything else in the cockpit (including transponder and ADF) and also every other aircraft I fly in the sim.

Is there actually any way I can change a file somewhere so as to make the mouse wheel actions consistent with all my other aircraft and the other radio controls in the Constellation?

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”