Cockpit Mouseology

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Re: Cockpit Mouseology

Post by TreeTops »

I just tried again.
So I am in the air on AP and I change the rudder knob a few degrees as a test and it works correctly. I then roll the mouse wheel one click over the elevator knob and it jumps from 0 to 3%. The same happens with the aileron knob. It seems to jump either + or - 3% with a single click of the mouse wheel.
The rudder knob seems to be ok.
Cheers
Trev

sirbruchie
Airman

Post by sirbruchie »

I noticed the same thing last night on my first flight. The AP elevator was unpredictable on how much input the mouse would have. The other thing I noticed was that when I set a joystick button to the AP Elevator UP or Down via the input configurator each click of the button gave me like 3-5% instead of 1.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Can we find a common stuff among you, guys? Can you list your basic specs like FSX/P3D/FSUIPC and such?

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Domarien
Senior Airman

Post by Domarien »

I've got the same behaviour with the mouse wheel. I've got FSX. No extra programs, just some Add-on planes (Pmdg ngx, 777, MD11, all with FS2crew; A2A 377 and Connie). Everything else is standard.

Cheers

Chris

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

P3Dv3, freeware FSUIPC, windows 10, TrackIR, Ezdoc.
I also have the FSX version which I will try this morning.
Cheers
Trev

blillpers
Senior Airman

Post by blillpers »

P3D 3.4, freeware FSUIPC because some other addon said it needed it. Never touced it myself. :)

jbirdsal
Airman

Post by jbirdsal »

P3dV3.4, Win7 64 bit, payware FSUIPC. I agree, the fact that this doesn't occur for everyone supports the hypothesis that it might be an 'outside' program interfering.

-- I also have a Logitech joystick and the infamous Saitek throttle quadrants (2 of them), if that helps. Never heard of them interfering with mouse inputs, but you never know... enough non-mouse related problems associated with Saitek that I can't rule them out. Is anyone else with this problem using hardware externals?

jbirdsal
Airman

Post by jbirdsal »

Also COTS B377, although no problems thus far with that.

sirbruchie
Airman

Post by sirbruchie »

I am running FSX:SE. No FSUIPC. Nothing else control related.

Aymi
Staff Sergeant

Post by Aymi »

Same, Windows 7, P3D3 and free FSUIPC. With AS16 weather.

Elevator is a bit random with the mouse, and the joystick button assassinated via the A2A input configurator give me increments of 5% (or +-750 FPM :lol:)
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul

cbramkamp
Senior Airman

Post by cbramkamp »

Same here with FSX Acc and FSUIPC.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Just to add that I can report the same behaviour that Trev reports in both FSX-SE and P3D v3.4 (hotfix 2 applied). In my case, I also tried with FSUIPC (always #1 suspect) disabled but the issue persists. No other add-ons which would seem related, but I tested with EZdok disabled too.

The response of the control to the mouse wheel rotation seems to depend on the interval since the control was last manipulated. When I first use the mouse wheel on it it works fine. However, if I then wait a 2-3 seconds and try readjusting the elevator control wheel, it's likely that it will move in the wrong direction by 1% with the first movement of the scroll wheel, before subsequent notches of the scroll wheel send it in the correct direction.

If I use the mouse for another control or wait a bit longer (say ~10 seconds) it appears more likely that a subsequent attempt to move the control wheel will result in the first notch of the scroll wheel moving it by 3% (in the correct direction) as Trev describes.

The elevator control wheel sometimes moving 1% in the wrong direction and sometimes moving 3% in the right direction makes for slightly erratic pitch control, as you'll imagine! :)

Thanks,
Nick

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

It looks like we found and we fixed the issue. We will deliver it to you soon.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thank you Rob, and Happy New Year! :D

Nick

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Great news Rob and team. Once we tame the wild beast of the AP we can turn our attention to the other systems and really start delving into the inner beauty of this plane. My ultimate goal is to fly the Connie with no assistance from the FE, just like I do with the 377.
Cheers
Trev

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”