Engine RPM mismatch after startup

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Re: Engine RPM mismatch after startup

Post by CAPFlyer »

How much mismatch? Was it just one engine or more than one? Were your manifold pressures matched? Was the RPM steadily mismatched or were they fluctuating? Did you have the auto FE on? Was he actively changing the prop RPM? Need a bit more information that what you gave.

Also, if you check the manual, it shows you where the prop RPM adjustment switches are on the FE station on page 119.

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

CAPFlyer wrote: 09 Jul 2020, 18:54 How much mismatch? Was it just one engine or more than one? Were your manifold pressures matched? Was the RPM steadily mismatched or were they fluctuating? Did you have the auto FE on? Was he actively changing the prop RPM? Need a bit more information that what you gave.

Also, if you check the manual, it shows you where the prop RPM adjustment switches are on the FE station on page 119.
From Pilot Cabin I see 2 RPM gauges containing "L" and "R" needles each device. The left RPM Gauge I saw needle "L" position 10 and "R" from the same gauge, at position 15. I couldn't take-off the baby moving to the left quickly. I found from the manual page 119 and I think is the Propeller Governor Switches right? Manifold Pressure were matched all. RPM not fluctuating but one the needle "L" was going down. I don't use FE from Menu. I handle the engines at startup. From FE Menu I only use GPU and Pax & Cargo for GSX services.
I did another FPL and all went fine in FSX and P3Dv4.5
The RPM question was from FSX.

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

If you had one RPM low and dropping, you either had the RPM not at max prior to takeoff or you had some sort of conflict with a controller axis lowering your Engine 1 Propeller RPM. That you had no problem on a following flight would suggest that it was probably the former.

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

I thought it was engine flooded affecting the RPM. But I didn't get RPM drops with new FPL's.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

trisho0 wrote: 09 Jul 2020, 16:34 Today, I had RPM differences right after I applied Throttle to takeoff and had to stop Connie and brakes On. I went to FE panel and I didn't see how to adjust RPM. I wouldn't mind to do full maintenance but I will loose my flight hours. In hangar, Connie is in excellent status and nothing to repair. So, before proceeding to do Connie repairs I want know why RPM mismatched and if it can be done something.
How much of a mismatch did you have and did you try syncing the props?

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 13 Jul 2020, 18:33
trisho0 wrote: 09 Jul 2020, 16:34 Today, I had RPM differences right after I applied Throttle to takeoff and had to stop Connie and brakes On. I went to FE panel and I didn't see how to adjust RPM. I wouldn't mind to do full maintenance but I will loose my flight hours. In hangar, Connie is in excellent status and nothing to repair. So, before proceeding to do Connie repairs I want know why RPM mismatched and if it can be done something.
How much of a mismatch did you have and did you try syncing the props?

Scott
Hello Scott thanks for help me. From the Cabin I saw the left RPM Gauge showing the "L" needle went down while the "R" needle was fine and when I stopped the needle, both needles came to normal pos. The right RPM Gauge was OK. So, I restarted the sim and Connie was just fine with no RPM issues. I am not sure on how to fix it. But I learned something about thanks to this thread and I think I have to work with Propeller Governor Switches from FE Panel. I will try on that the next time. But I wonder why I experienced that RPM mismatch if from Hangar the Bird was "excellent".

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

trisho0 wrote: 13 Jul 2020, 20:07But I wonder why I experienced that RPM mismatch if from Hangar the Bird was "excellent".
Accu-Sim models the inconsistencies of components, so no engines should ever be the same. How much of a difference in terms of RPM are you seeing?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 17 Jul 2020, 18:51
trisho0 wrote: 13 Jul 2020, 20:07But I wonder why I experienced that RPM mismatch if from Hangar the Bird was "excellent".
Accu-Sim models the inconsistencies of components, so no engines should ever be the same. How much of a difference in terms of RPM are you seeing?

Scott.
Looking on the left RPM Gauge is 500 revolutions differences. Example, "L" needle is at 10 pos while the "R" needle is at 15 pos. I don't think is normal or maybe the "L1" engine got flooded. Am I wrong? ( I am still learning this beauty Connie) I learned to fly with her using GPS. I wish to learn Connie without GPS but instruments gauges only. I mean to fly Connie following procedures as real not with GPS.

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

Today I got another RPM mismatch for the second time with the engine 2. I shutdown the engine 2 to restart and the RMP loose revolution again. I tried to increase the Propeller Governor Switch for the engine 2 and no success. Lucky I was parked so I had to shutdown Connie to let her sleeping for a while. P3Dv4.5 closed. I will try later ...

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi trisho0.
The photo of the engineers lower panel , and part of top panel , shows something i have not seen before .
1/. when was the screenshot taken , I.E. how long after starting the engines .
2/. was you or the engineer controlling the engineers panel.
3/. engines 2 and 3 show oil cooler flaps almost closed.
4/. fuel flow gauges not showing any fuel flow.
5/. engine cyl temps are not showing any temps , so if engines have only just started , take another screen shot after they have got to operating temp .
6/. manifold gauges not showing any reading , your RPMs need to be raised a little bit.
7/. engines 2 and 3 fuel pressure lights on the upper engineers panel are on , could you do a screen shot of upper panel as well as lower panel.
8/. could you do a screen shot of shift+4 please.
9/. how are you controlling the aircraft , I.E. do you go through FSUIPC or direct from the sim , and what controllers do you use , i have CH yoke/rudder peddles/and two quad throttles going through FSUIPC and some controls set up via A2A connie configurator.
regards alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Topic split and continued here as requested. :)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”