Engines weird behavior

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
qqwertzde
Airman Basic

Re: Engines weird behavior

Post by qqwertzde »

I think I have the same, or a very similar problem. Everything was fine, engines in excellent condition, enough oil, but suddenly engines 2 and 3 started to fail during takeoff, usually around the time when I reduced rpm (which was, as always, in deep yellow during t/o). The problem worsened since: now I cannot even start 2,3 anymore. They continue to turn slowly as long as magnetos are on, but they never fully start. This happens both with auto-start and manual start (which is my normal procedure). I have tried this with no weather, and of course I did several engine overhauls (they were always in excellent shape, before and after).

Trying to start without FSUIPC is not an option since I need the letter for my throttle quadrant. There must be a way to reset the engines to factory condition. Help, please.
Peter

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

qqwertzde wrote: 15 Aug 2020, 15:46 I think I have the same, or a very similar problem. Everything was fine, engines in excellent condition, enough oil, but suddenly engines 2 and 3 started to fail during takeoff, usually around the time when I reduced rpm (which was, as always, in deep yellow during t/o). The problem worsened since: now I cannot even start 2,3 anymore. They continue to turn slowly as long as magnetos are on, but they never fully start. This happens both with auto-start and manual start (which is my normal procedure). I have tried this with no weather, and of course I did several engine overhauls (they were always in excellent shape, before and after).

Trying to start without FSUIPC is not an option since I need the letter for my throttle quadrant. There must be a way to reset the engines to factory condition. Help, please.
Peter
I call Shift+7 and Overhaul engines. I hope this help.
Patricio

qqwertzde
Airman Basic

Post by qqwertzde »

Unfortunately, it does not help.

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

qqwertzde wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 08:35 Unfortunately, it does not help.
Sometimes when I enable FE engineer and Auto-Start, engines get troubles. So, I start engines from Cold and Dark myself. Then FE can be enabled. I enabled FE when I started learning Connie. Now, I don't use FE, more challenging I know.
Patricio

qqwertzde
Airman Basic

Post by qqwertzde »

That could indeed have been the problem. I usually start the plane from cold and dark myself, but during the last few flights I got lazy and used the engineer. First all went well, but not anymore. I tried to start the engines myself again: 1 and 4 work like a charm, but 2 and 3 won't start no matter what I try.

Thanks for your suggestions,
Peter

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

qqwertzde wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 12:36 That could indeed have been the problem. I usually start the plane from cold and dark myself, but during the last few flights I got lazy and used the engineer. First all went well, but not anymore. I tried to start the engines myself again: 1 and 4 work like a charm, but 2 and 3 won't start no matter what I try.

Thanks for your suggestions,
Peter
I start engines in 3, 4, 2 and 1 sequence. I leave throttles at 10% prior to start engines and leave them as is until ready to taxi.
Pat

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”