Connie and GSX: appropriate gate/ramp

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Zacke
Staff Sergeant

Connie and GSX: appropriate gate/ramp

Post by Zacke »

Hey guys,

maybe slightly off topic, anyway (best community in FS world :P ):

I want to use GSX (level 2) with the Connie. But I remember from earlier attempts that some (I guess a lot) medium airports in FSX (e.g. EDNY, my home airport) do not have appropriate gates or ramps for the Connie (not FSX ATC ground guidance to parking position, no GSX services). I know I could edit the ramp configuration inside GSX but I don't want to have to do that on the run (when I arrive at the destination and realize it's to small). I guess it has to do with the wingspan.

I only use FSX standard scenery. My question is: Is there any chance to see how large the parking positions are in FSX? I think "small, medium, large and heavy" is a little big vague since "large" seems not fit to the connie (at EDNY) as well. I use FSTramp as map tool but there are only the designators read out from FSX ("small", ...).

Maybe another attempt: Does it make sense to tweak the Connie's wingspan information in the aircraft.cfg (or so) to fit her "everywhere" or does that trigger any strange behaviour elsewhere?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Zacke

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Re: Connie and GSX: appropriate gate/ramp

Post by trisho0 »

I have problems with combining GSX2 (FSDT) with A2A Connie Constellation. Example, passengers can't board Connie when the cabin is cold. So, engines and GPU need to run and when the room temperature becomes comfortable then passengers can board the plane. GSX2 can't send passengers because of engines running. Another situation is when sending passengers even the cabin temperature is cold and no engines running the stairs goes away too early or simply the door closes. I don't know if this problem can be resolved in a different way. This is my experience about. I hope an update or a fix can be released to make GSX2 to work with A2A Connie.
Patricio

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

trisho0 wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 00:25passengers can't board Connie when the cabin is cold. So, engines and GPU need to run and when the room temperature becomes comfortable then passengers can board the plane.
The engines don't need to be running to heat up the cabin, only to cool it, and then only engine 4 needs to be running. I can't tell you how to do this manually because I always use the automated flight engineer.

Hook

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

Hook wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 05:50
trisho0 wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 00:25passengers can't board Connie when the cabin is cold. So, engines and GPU need to run and when the room temperature becomes comfortable then passengers can board the plane.
The engines don't need to be running to heat up the cabin, only to cool it, and then only engine 4 needs to be running. I can't tell you how to do this manually because I always use the automated flight engineer.

Hook
Do you have GSX2 installed in your system?
What is your engines sequence order to crank them up?
Patricio

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I do not have GSX2, sorry.

The normal startup sequence is 3, 4, 2, 1. If needed for cooling, I start engine 4. In that case, because the Connie will rotate a bit to the left due to a bug in the sim, I start 1, 2 and 3 afterward in that order.

Apparently the normal electrical system will handle heating the cabin, so it won't need an engine started in that case.

If GSX2 won't allow loading if the engines are running and you need to cool the cabin, you could always run number 4 until the cabin is a good temperature, shut it down and load, then start using the normal starting sequence. Or just let the passengers sweat a little. :)

You do NOT want to run engines 1 or 2 (on the left side) while passengers are loading or unloading. Once in the Stratocruiser I apparently had a passenger wander into a spinning prop during unloading. There was lots of screaming. There was no mention of it in my pilot's log.

Here's the whole story:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=33462

Hook

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”