Didnt know where to post

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
alexsoany
Airman Basic

Didnt know where to post

Post by alexsoany »

Hey I purchased the Connie today, systems wise it seems like an amazing aircraft. Unfortunately I can only run it at around 5 fps with my setup.. Its quite difficult to see what's happening and moving around in the cockpit is a bit hard with low frames as well

PMDG gives me 20 - 30 fps, to put into comparison. I'm not too sure what the issue is but is there a refund policy here? If so I'd like to request it due to my computer not being well compatible

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Didnt know where to post

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
A2A connie is more framerate freindly than PMDG aircraft in FSXa i know as i have ALL the A2A accusim aircraft bar the cub , and i have the PMDG DC6 / B737-600-900 series and the JS41 .
What are your PC specs and which sim , if P3Dv4.5 then it may be PBR i think thats the new texture item that might cause issues , and i believe it can be disabled .
I dont belive you need to uninstall or ask for refund , i think it should be a case of settings that need tweaking , if you give more info , people on here and a2a staff can better be abled to help you enjoy this aircraft.
regards alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

alexsoany wrote: 17 Feb 2020, 03:07 Hey I purchased the Connie today, systems wise it seems like an amazing aircraft. Unfortunately I can only run it at around 5 fps with my setup.. Its quite difficult to see what's happening and moving around in the cockpit is a bit hard with low frames as well

PMDG gives me 20 - 30 fps, to put into comparison. I'm not too sure what the issue is but is there a refund policy here? If so I'd like to request it due to my computer not being well compatible
Hello and welcome,

Sorry to hear you're having some issues; however, you've posted in the right place.

As Alan says, if you can give us some information about your PC (processor and GPU specs, amount of RAM etc.) and which host sim you're using, we can try to help before going down the refund route.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

alexsoany
Airman Basic

Post by alexsoany »

I have a GTX 1060, i7 6700.

Not sure what motherboard or other specs

Edit: gave it another go, sometimes I do get up to 13 fps. Also, I noticed when turning on the ground, the nose wheel only goes around 60 degrees? It makes the aircraft go off the taxiway into the grass in order for me to do a full 180 turn. Any suggestions?

Also sorry if I made it seem like I wanted a refund because I dont like this aircraft, its honestly been an honour to fly because of the live engineer and the whole atmosphere being more interactive out of anything I've flown. It's just 5 fps gets SUPER annoying sometimes especially when I'm not even flying in bad weather

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You shouldn't have too many issues with that hardware alexsoany, but please can you let us know which host simulator you're using? The more info you provide (for example your monitor resolution, graphics settings in the sim and any other add-ons that are running) the more chance we have of helping.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

alexsoany
Airman Basic

Post by alexsoany »

Everything on Ultra/High, 1920x1080 monitor 144hz BenQ.

Prepar3d V4.5.

I should be running around estimated 40 fps with this aircraft since i regularly run PMDG at 30

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
1/. Is the connie fully updated , if not then update it , the aircraft when downloaded is not to latest spec .
2/. check you have followed the settings advice in the connie manual
3/. if you fix the frame rate at 30 in the sim , that will help your PC run better , any frames over 30 will not be noticed by your eyes
4/. are you running windows and sim and aircraft as admin
5/. what anti virus do you have , i use AVAST and have it set to ignor anything to do with my flight sim , as some aircraft are seen as viruses , I.E. false posatives by anti virus programes
regards alan. 8)

alexsoany
Airman Basic

Post by alexsoany »

1/. I'm not sure how to update it, or even checked if it's latest version.
2/. Yes, I've followed the setup correctly.
3/. Will do, although I theorize it might make it worse.
4/. Yes
5/. I'm not sure, I think it's just windows defender/firewall and I have both blocked/disabled

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

alexsoany wrote: 17 Feb 2020, 15:24 Everything on Ultra/High, 1920x1080 monitor 144hz BenQ.
Hello,

If you have all scenery, lighting and graphics sliders to the far right in P3Dv4, it'll be almost impossible to maintain reasonable FPS, especially in built up areas, when using third-party scenery, and/or with complex weather.

Typically under these settings core 0 of your CPU will be continuously running at 100% which will be your limiting factor in terms of FPS. I have an i9 9900K at 5.00 GHz, and running with all sliders full right still isn't feasible: P3Dv4 just doesn't make effective enough use of modern CPUs to allow this.

It might be worth you checking your CPU and GPU load when the sim is running, and experimenting with backing off some of the sliders, particularly for things like autogen draw distance and density.

Are you running any other third-party add-ons (e.g. scenery) in addition to the Connie?

Thanks,
Nick

P.S.
alexsoany wrote: 17 Feb 2020, 15:241/. I'm not sure how to update it, or even checked if it's latest version.
The P3Dv4 version of the Comanche should be updated to the latest version at the point of installation, provided your PC is connected to the internet. At present this is v19.10.31.0, you can check the installed version number in the Windows list of installed programs.
A2A Simulations Inc.

alexsoany
Airman Basic

Post by alexsoany »

Orbx Global
PMDG addons (but those are just aircraft)
Active Sky
Rex Skyforce 3D
Orbx global airports (freeware)

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Something that has helped me with poor frame rates is clearing the shaders.
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”