FSX SE crashes when loading the Constellation

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
K.Brackel
Airman Basic

FSX SE crashes when loading the Constellation

Post by K.Brackel »

Does anybody have a clever suggestion how I can propely get the Connie to load in FSX SE with crashing FSX?

PS I am a pilot, not a computer expert.....

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: FSX SE crashes when loading the Constellation

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Are you trying to start from a saved flight or the default flight , default flight in my FSX acceleration is the trike at friday harbour.
If you are trying to start the sim with the connie or any complex aircraft can cause a corruption of the sim.
If the default flight is causing the crash , then posting more info on your pc specs and what you did last time you started and shut down the sim to try and help others help you to find the issue.
regards alan. 8)

K.Brackel
Airman Basic

Post by K.Brackel »

Alan,
I start up FSX SE with a simple default plane, then choose the Constellation and then when I start the simulation, it does not load (stays at 0%) and FSX crashes after 20 seconds.

Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7-7700 CPU 3.6GHz
RAM memory 12 GB
NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB

Thx, Koen

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
1/. Are you running FSXSE pc as admin
2/. have you got any antivirus , i use AVAST and have it set to ignor anything sim related
3/. some anti virus programes see aircraft installers as a virus , so check the antivirus qurenteed files to see if any connie files have been put there.
regards alan. 8)

K.Brackel
Airman Basic

Post by K.Brackel »

Hej Alan,

I run FSXSE as administrator,
I turned off Bullguard anti virus on all sim related processes and files.

But no succes, FSXSE crashes still when I try to load the Connie.
Note: only when I go directly from the PDMG 747/8 (runs perfectly…) to the Constellation, for about 20 sec the cockpit of the Connie appeares vaguely (!?) before FSX crashes.

Regards, Koen

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Do not go from any complex addon aircraft to another complex addon aircraft , the sim cannot take it , in FSX+acceleration , which is what i use , my default flight is the trike at friday harbour that spins in free flight window , i then chose airport / parking / time and season , then pick the aircraft i intend to fly , like the connie , i dont get a crash of the sim.
But if my default flight was say the PMDG DC6 , and then swapped to the connie , my sim would crash.
1/. WHAT is your default flight that spins in the freeflight window , if its not a trike or similar default sim aircraft , then the connie wont initialize correctly.
regards alan. 8)

K.Brackel
Airman Basic

Post by K.Brackel »

Hej Alan,

I do always start as you do/suggested, with the trike at Friday harbour as default flight.
Only once, out of pure desperation I tried to start the Constellation after the PDMG 747/8 and it showed 20 sec a vague Constellation cockpit before crashing...

Tried lot of variations now, following your suggestions and as described (even downloading and reinstalling the software with anti Virus and firewall switched off): no result…...

Really desperate and annoyed (and only 3 attemps left by A2A) now. Never had anything like this.

Any further suggestions? (apart from buying a new PC and reinstalling all new software :))

Regards ,Koen

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Koen,

There's a couple of things you can try.

One is to delete the FSX.cfg file and allow the sim to generate a fresh one. (C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFG).

You should also try deleting the contents of the following directory: C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\A2A\FSX\L049.

If neither of these steps help, please let us know, but it's probably a good idea to check out some of the advice in the Avsim CTD guide: https://www.avsim.com/files/file/93-avsim-ctd-guide/.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”