problem found since 02-04-19 update in FSX acceleration

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

problem found since 02-04-19 update in FSX acceleration

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Just done a flight in the connie , and found an issue that was not there prior to last update 02-04-19.
Before this update if i set the engineer to set everything up , he does not for me in FSXa turn on the GPU i have to do it , also i have foud during engine start , i could start engs 3/4 turn GPU then start engs 2/1 , now i cannot turn GPU till all 4 engines are started , from a real world stance the GPU being that close to eng 2 prop , would be removed prior start , and i could follow this proceedure untill this last update went in.
regards alan. 8)

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: problem found since 02-04-19 update in FSX acceleration

Post by Scott - A2A »

Alan,

I don't quite understand your post here. As long as the engineer is in control, he will ultimately override what you do. Is this what you are seeing?

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Scott.
Some how my post has not put all the words in that i typed .
Below is the full text which i hope explains it better.

Just done a flight in the connie , and found an issue that was not there prior to last update 02-04-19.
Before this update if i set the engineer to set everything up , he did , now he does not do that for me , in FSXa he does not turn on the GPU i have to do it , also i have found during engine start , before the update , i could start engs 3/4 then turn off the GPU , then start engs 2/1 , now i cannot turn GPU off till all 4 engines are started , from a real world stance the GPU being that close to eng 2 prop , the GPU would be removed prior to starting 2/1, and i could follow this proceedure on my startup , untill this last update went in.
regards alan. 8)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Scott.
Dont you just love computers , today i set up the same flight , with ASN giving weather , same route EGLL to EGCC , in the connie , engineer set everything up except the GPU which i turned on after he stated all systems set , then after pax and cargo loaded , i started engs 3/4 , then turned GPU off and to my surprise it did turn off this time , then started engs 2/1 , WHY the GPU would not turn off the other day prior to starting 2/1 , i dont know , only thing consistent with both flights was the engineer did NOT turn on the GPU when setting up the aircraft from cold dark.
regards alan. 8) :roll:

maddz
Senior Airman

Post by maddz »

Hi Alan,

Did you see my video in the other thread?

He doesn’t do it straight away - how long did you wait?

And he won’t do it until the battery get below a certain voltage.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi maddz.
I never let battery drop , but waited till he stated all systems set , before i turned GPU on , but he used to turn GPU on before batt was turned on , i will have to see what happens later tonight , after my flight with the lads from 91st .
regards alan. 8)

maddz
Senior Airman

Post by maddz »

There a good bunch 8)
Safe journey...

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi maddz.
I know i am a member of the group , in fact i was made the CO of the 324th , flying the memphis belle , as the 324th was lacking a CO at the time.
regards alan. 8)

David67
Airman

Post by David67 »

My apologies if it seems a report was filed in this thread, it was simply me clicking the wrong button as I was trying to return to tech support.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”