New install: P3Dv4.5 Every 5-6 seconds aircraft flashes black, HDD runs, OS hourglass shows,

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
VTailDriver
Airman

New install: P3Dv4.5 Every 5-6 seconds aircraft flashes black, HDD runs, OS hourglass shows,

Post by VTailDriver »

First use after new install, P3D pauses, apparently tries to load a file, and then repeats this numerous times until it crashes P3D. A. ttempts to uninstall the aircraft results in error message: cant find install.log.
In cockpit view after each pause some gauges react, and when fe window is up it shows Ignition on but clicking it to off only results in it coming back on.
Help

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: New install: P3Dv4.5 Every 5-6 seconds aircraft flashes black, HDD runs, OS hourglass shows,

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello VTailDriver,

Sounds like you may be using an old version of the Connie installer. Could you let us know roughly when you downloaded the file and where from? If it was from our store, please check out the info here.

For the "can't find install.log" error, please see the info in this topic.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

VTailDriver
Airman

Re: New install: P3Dv4.5 Every 5-6 seconds aircraft flashes black, HDD runs, OS hourglass shows,

Post by VTailDriver »

Downloaded yesterday 7/13/2020, purchased from your store
Order# 541065 P3Dv2-5 Professional

VTailDriver
Airman

Post by VTailDriver »

Thanks for the tip on the no uninstall situation. Got past that and did uninstall the aircraft.
Restarted PC, did new install to: D\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4. (same as the other 6 A2A aircraft I have installed)

Restarted PC, started P3D, selected the L049 vehicle but same exact problem happens.

Every 6 seconds the external aircraft livery disappears and goes to bare aluminum. Cockpit view all surfaces inside aircraft go black. Lasts about 1 second and then goes through another cycle.
Number 1 engine will autostart, manifold pressure guages register the engine running but drops off at each 6 second pause. All sound is interrupted at each pause.

Any changes made to switches reset at each 6 sec pause.

Hope this info helps with a solution.

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Virus software running scans?
Have you excluded the P3D folders from the scan?
Cheers
Trev

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the additional info VTailDriver,

Sounds like you may have just downloaded the wrong installer package from the store (the same purchase gives you access to separate installers for P3Dv2-3, P3Dv4 and, most recently, P3Dv5).

Try clicking on the download button which says "P3Dv4" (shown in green in the image below) and you should find it links to a completely different and newer version of the product installer.

Annotation 2020-07-15 005210.png
Annotation 2020-07-15 005210.png (245.95 KiB) Viewed 6172 times

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

VTailDriver
Airman

Post by VTailDriver »

Good news is you were correct ... i did download the wrong version
Bad news is that after a uninstall of aircraft, download the correct v4 installer and then installing into its suggested drive/folder (same one used for other A2A aircraft) it still misbehaves the same way.

I did manage to record the cockpit view while it was doing its 6 second reset cycle.

I am getting pretty frustrated with this situation as I really have been looking forward to this aircraft.

anxiously awaiting another idea.

A2A aircraft purchased and installed prior:
P40. P51, T6, Cherokee, Bonanza, J3 cub

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

I suspect installing the 32-bit version of the Connie into the P3Dv4 folder may have left behind some shared components which are causing this issue.

Assuming you're using the default install location "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" please can you try the following.
  1. Uninstall the Connie
  2. Manually remove the following 4 folders:
    • Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\A2A\L049
    • Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoS_L049
    • Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\Gauges
    • Documents\A2A\FSX\L049
  3. Reinstall the Connie using your newly-downloaded installer for v4
Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

VTailDriver
Airman

Post by VTailDriver »

Ok Nick, Just saw your reply & thanks for quick response. I'll give all that a try as soon as I take another sip of coffee and get dressed.
Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again
Liale

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Another thing that might be making a difference: Start P3D in Administrator mode. Also, start P3D with a standard scenario, such as the F-22, then switch to the Connie.

You'll get it sorted, and it'll be worth it!

Seeya
ATB

VTailDriver
Airman

Post by VTailDriver »

OK, That took care of that problem. I am now in the learning curve of this beauty's systems. At least I was able to get 1 engine started on my own!

Thanks for your persistence in getting my installation screw ups fixed.

I am for sure a loyal A2A fan and customer!

Liale

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're very welcome Liale - thanks for the update and happy to hear the issue is resolved. Hope you enjoy flying the Connie. :)

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”