Where is the autopilot switch and how to i set ti up?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Feleveu
Airman Basic

Where is the autopilot switch and how to i set ti up?

Post by Feleveu »

Hello. I recently got the Lockheed Model 049 and I am still learning to fly it. I managed to start it and get it in the air and even get the manual autopilot to work. Now, I want to do a longer flight, I want to learn how to use the fsx autopilot. I created a flight plan, pressed "shift+3" and equipped the gps and the fsx autopilot options, but I couldn't find the autopilot switch. The normal switches next to the throttle levers won't make the airplane follow the flight plan route. When I press "z" i hear the engineer calling:"Autopilot on/off", and a switch flipping. It follows the route but pushes airplane's nose into the ground at a very agressive angle. Is there any way I can set what altitude to follow like I do with the default planes?

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Re: Where is the autopilot switch and how to i set ti up?

Post by TreeTops »

I dont use the FSX Autopilot. Do you have the GPS set to GPS (not VLOC)?
The switch sound is just attached to the AP button on the autopilot.

The following is for use with the Sperry Autopilot (sorry, I had written the stuff below before I realised you already had figured out the Sperry)

Pilots Manual pg 115. items 3, 4, 5, 13, 15.
Dont use the FSX 'Z' key.

Hit the 'D' key to center the GYRO compass (4) upper knob and rotate until the headings match.
For (5) make sure the white indicator on the right is centered with upper right knob.

There is no altitude hold on the Connie. Trim to straight and level flight before engaging the clutches.
The three clutches left of the radios, can be used individually as required to control each of the 3 axis.

(3) are the servos to adjust have hard or soft you want the response of the autopilot actions.

Once trimmed for straight and level flight use (4) and (5) for pitch and heading changes.
Cheers
Trev

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Re: Where is the autopilot switch and how to i set ti up?

Post by flapman »

Shift + 6 brings up the autopilot panel. AP button turns it on. NAV on the autopilot panel couples it to the deviation instrument on the panel. To the right of the GPS on the 3d panel, is a switch labeled NAV/GPS. This switch controls the information which drives the deviation instrument (VOR/ILS or GPS). It's identical operation to the default FSX C-172.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”