missing GPU switch?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
cessna lover

Re: missing GPU switch?

Post by cessna lover »

TreeTops wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 08:01 Just as well the FO was doing the preflight walk around. :lol:
:lol: true.

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

TreeTops wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 08:01 Just as well the FO was doing the preflight walk around. :lol:
That's the Flight Engineer's job though :lol:

I made this a while ago but didn't post it. I personally don't think the GPU switch is accurate.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

sure that's the job of the FE but even he can't do it with no switch :lol: oh well as long as i know how to turn it on and it works maybe it don't matter that much eh? theres no switch for the apu on the B17 either it's in the shift+3 menu as well

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Once and for all, the L-049 that A2A modeled did not have an 'APU'...an onboard Auxiliary Power Unit.

They relied on a 'GPU', a Ground Power Unit. The FE did not have a 'switch' to turn on something that wasn't on the aircraft.

The early implementation of the L-049 was in error and thus the manual and video showing a switch. This 'switch' was removed
to reflect the actual aircraft. The only action the FE or any onboard crew could take was to signal folks on the ground to plug or unplug the GPU and switch the power on/off. In the simulation this is done via the 'Controls' 2-D panel. The onboard meter indicated the state of the GPU power.

There is no point to continue flogging a dead horse.

Paul

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

Gypsy Baron wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 19:22 Once and for all, the L-049 that A2A modeled did not have an 'APU'...an onboard Auxiliary Power Unit.

They relied on a 'GPU', a Ground Power Unit. The FE did not have a 'switch' to turn on something that wasn't on the aircraft.

The early implementation of the L-049 was in error and thus the manual and video showing a switch. This 'switch' was removed
to reflect the actual aircraft. The only action the FE or any onboard crew could take was to signal folks on the ground to plug or unplug the GPU and switch the power on/off. In the simulation this is done via the 'Controls' 2-D panel. The onboard meter indicated the state of the GPU power.

There is no point to continue flogging a dead horse.

Paul

i know it's ok i got it figured out.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”