DV window auto closure at taxi 10 knt speeds

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

DV window auto closure at taxi 10 knt speeds

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Question to A2A
One thing about the Connie L049 that has bugged me since purchase , is the auto closing of the two DV windows , i have recently found where this seems to be , but dont wish to change it , without asking if it would screw up other parts of the Connie or not.
For some reason the DV Windows seem to be set to close if you exceed 10 knots pilots and 15 knots co-pilot taxi speed in the code_connie.xml, why was these figures chosen .
I was thinking of changing these figures to a speed above the normal taxi speed to make the DV Windows a task of the pilot rather than auto close as they are at this time.
Reason for asking , is i would like to be able to open the DV Windows prior to start up and taxi with them open , and shut them prior to runway entry after doing the pre takeoff checks, and on landing and turning off the runway , i would like to be able to open them while taxiing to stand , without them slaming shut if you exceed 10 knots .
I saw a bretling connie video , where they opened the DV windows , and kept them open while taxiing to runway , and closed the DV Windows after mag checks just prior to going onto the runway , and opened them after they landed and turned of the runway and taxied to parking .
I use FSX so i know A2A wont impliment this on an update , and know how to edit xml files , but if changing these low taxi ground speeds to a higher figure , to effectifly making the DV windows a responsability of the pilot , messes up other parts of the connie then i will have to put up with the auto DV shuting if 10 knots taxi is exceeded.
regards alan. 8)

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: DV window auto closure at taxi 10 knt speeds

Post by Scott - A2A »

Alan,

Good point and I'll bring this up at the next meeting the possibility of making this change for an update and if it's not too much trouble.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Scott .
Thankyou for looking into it , much appreciated.
regards alan. 8)

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

alan CXA651 wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 09:25 Hi Scott .
Thankyou for looking into it , much appreciated.
regards alan. 8)
This has been fixed (any open windows will close now above 50kts) and will be in the next update. Thanks for reporting this.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Scott.
Thankyou for fixing this issue .
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”