Heading Gyros obscure bug.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
flapman
Staff Sergeant

Heading Gyros obscure bug.

Post by flapman »

The Captain and Copilot heading instruments rotate during a FSX default pushback.. as in, the instruments function as if they have spinning vertical gyros, despite all 4 engines at 0 RPM and an absence of vacuum pressure.

Additionally, if you feather all 4 props in flight (all 4 engines at 0 RPM, no vacuum pressure), the CA and FO gyro instruments (Heading Indicator, Dual Radio Magnetic Indicator) will continue to react to changes in aircraft heading, even with no power to spin the gyros. This one might be due to residual gyro RPM as they spin down, but they appeared to be functioning normally. Nice job on unboosted flight controls and brake failure simulation!

On the ground, with a cold airplane, enabling the SLEW function has the gyro instruments behaving correctly. They do not change as the rudder yaws the airplane to various headings.

This bug was found by user trisho0 who posted video evidence here. It's a large file, but you can see the bug at 00:02:56 using GSX pushback in Prepar3Dv4. My FSX:A behaves the same using the default interface.
trisho0 wrote: 16 Oct 2020, 23:19 Trev, here is the repeated flight plan of SAWE-SAWH and just a bit distracted to find PAPI didn't work for my landing (lol).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qjsn4r ... sp=sharing
I noticed a huge mismatch between the magnetic Compass and the Heading Gyro. Since I learned about I wonder how come I never had issues to find the airport in the past with FSX. Trev, thanks again for pointing that. Now, that checking is added to my knowledge.
Pat
Thanks!

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Re: Heading Gyros obscure bug.

Post by trisho0 »

FlapMan, Sorry I deleted the video but uploaded here again for future watchers interested on the Connie's bug. I think is the way on how the Constellation was designed on real, don't you?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YtIdPl ... sp=sharing

Pat

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”