Change pitch sensitivity

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Bazonka
Senior Airman

Change pitch sensitivity

Post by Bazonka »

Hello!
I want to fly the Coni again after some time. But before I reinstall it I wanted to ask something here.

I never felt comfortable with the pitch sensitivity of the A2A Coni. When handflying it and trie to stay level it tends to change up or down verical speed a little bit and after a second it rockets up to 3000fpm or plummets down to 4000fpm... which on approach lets that annoying baby crie.

I tried all the stuff mentioned in the forums with sensitivity settings and fsuipc curves and what not, but never found the sweetspot.

So I thought maybe there is this "Elevator Force slider" now onboard that other A2A planes recieved? Could this be a solution for me, or does this change the sensitivity of the elevator?

If not, do you think I can change something inside cfg file of the coni? I found some settings for elevator dampening that I would trie if possible.

Thank you very much!
i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - MSI RTX 2080 Super

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Re: Change pitch sensitivity

Post by TreeTops »

I completely agree. I have made some changes to the aircraft.cfg file to add some more believable heft to the aircraft. Original values commented out (//1.000)
Now it is less like an extra300 and more like an ocean crossing airliner. It is certainly more controllable coming into land.
Note : My controls are Saitek yoke and pedals. More fancy controllers with longer throws probably do not need so much adjustment.

[flight_tuning]
pitch_stability=5.000 //1.000
roll_stability=2.000 //1.000
yaw_stability=3.000 //1.000
Cheers
Trev

Bazonka
Senior Airman

Post by Bazonka »

TreeTops wrote: 16 Nov 2020, 18:31 I completely agree. I have made some changes to the aircraft.cfg file to add some more believable heft to the aircraft. Original values commented out (//1.000)
Now it is less like an extra300 and more like an ocean crossing airliner. It is certainly more controllable coming into land.
Note : My controls are Saitek yoke and pedals. More fancy controllers with longer throws probably do not need so much adjustment.

[flight_tuning]
Awesome, thank you very much for your example!
Will trie them!

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Modification of the aircraft.cfg or L049.AIR files is not recommended as it may create problems elsewhere. While this one is fairly benign, it is still not the proper way to fix your perceived sensitivity. The proper way is to adjust the Elevator Force scalar in the 2D windows or to change your joystick/yoke elevator sensitivity curve to your liking. Changing the "Pitch Stability" affects not just the elevator effectiveness, but also changes how the airplane reacts to weather and may also lead to you being unable to properly control the aircraft during a go-around situation.

Bazonka
Senior Airman

Post by Bazonka »

CAPFlyer wrote: 16 Nov 2020, 20:36 Modification of the aircraft.cfg or L049.AIR files is not recommended as it may create problems elsewhere. While this one is fairly benign, it is still not the proper way to fix your perceived sensitivity. The proper way is to adjust the Elevator Force scalar in the 2D windows or to change your joystick/yoke elevator sensitivity curve to your liking. Changing the "Pitch Stability" affects not just the elevator effectiveness, but also changes how the airplane reacts to weather and may also lead to you being unable to properly control the aircraft during a go-around situation.
Yes, I am fully aware of what messing with these thing can do. But otherwise I wouldnt fly it again... this is the reason why I trie it. And it seems the Coni never recieved a setting for the Simulated Elevator Force, I found no slider for this in the 2D panels.

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Bazonka
Senior Airman

Post by Bazonka »

TreeTops wrote: 16 Nov 2020, 18:31 I completely agree. I have made some changes to the aircraft.cfg file to add some more believable heft to the aircraft. Original values commented out (//1.000)

[flight_tuning]
Wow - I have to thank you again mate! I did now the first test flight with the new values (used pitch stability 4 instead of 5) and this was the first very nice feeling approach and landing I ever had in the coni! I even heard clapping the passengers for the first time and my F/O gratulated me for the smooth landing :D

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Good to hear you have success mate.
Cheers
Trev

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”