Mixture Cutoff

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
asriubas
Airman Basic

Mixture Cutoff

Post by asriubas »

Hello everyone!

I recently purchased the Lockheed Constellation and I am very much enjoying it. However, when I have the Flight Engineer enabled, and he is doing his stuff, the mixtures go from the auto rich position to cut off when I start the engines. I go through the normal procedures, inertia, prime, start(three turns), magnetos. When the Flight Engineer says oil pressure ok, I bring the mixture to auto rich and everything is fine. I turn the primer off and the engine runs normally for about 10 seconds until the mixture is brought all the way back to cutoff and the engine stops. I have to restart the engine and this happens again. When I start the engine without the flight engineer, the engine is constantly fluctuating in RPM and I constantly hear "oil pressure is rising" and "oil pressure is ok" over and over again. I'm following all of the procedures in the manual and I don't know what to do. Is this a bug or something? Thank you!

- Alex

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Mixture Cutoff

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Alex and welcome.

Please can you check that "auto-mixture" isn't enabled in the realism settings of the sim. If this setting is disabled and the problem persists, please can you let us know which sim platform you're using.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”