Cannot install Connie...get this error

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Cannot install Connie...get this error

Post by Warbirds »

How do I get around this ? I have P3Dv5 and not v4

Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Cannot install Connie...get this error

Post by Jacques »

Paul, just an idea maybe you’ve tried already, but have you downloaded a fresh instance of the installer from the store? My line of thought is if the last time you downloaded the installer v5 was not available yet, perhaps the installer doesn’t recognize your v5 installation and is stopped at looking for v4?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Paul,

Yes, Jacques is spot on. If you're installing the Connie to P3Dv5 there's a separate installer which you can download from your account on the store.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

Thanks but I did not buy it here, and not sure where I originally got it.
Paul Grubich 2018
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Have you tried searching your email inbox for a term such as "Constellation" Paul, in case you've got a purchase confirmation email somewhere?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

Ok found it, installed but not working in 5.1

I did the check for updates thing and it said I had the latest version but when I go into the connie configurator all I get is GPS and none of the other options listed in the readme.

If I go into the sim and select the connie it shows up and locks up p3d..

Any ideas? Is there a way to get the last update without using the windows updater ?
Paul Grubich 2018

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Warbirds wrote: 10 Dec 2020, 08:09 (...) but when I go into the connie configurator all I get is GPS and none of the other options listed in the readme.
It's just the GPS option in the Connie configurator Paul. Not sure what you mean by "other options listed in the readme".

For the other issue you describe, please can you give us a bit more info to go on. For example, are you loading any other add-on utilities when P3D launches and have you modified the default scenario at all?

Could you also check the Windows Reliability Monitor. There should be a report generated when P3D stopped working.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

Thanks,
I cannot find this window

Also get this error when opening the sim with Connie

Paul Grubich 2018

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Paul,

The top image is taken from the P3Dv4 realism settings menu. It's much the same in P3Dv5, but without the blue.

For the error message in the second pic, it'll be quicker to get to the bottom of the issue if you can answer the questions I asked above.
Nick - A2A wrote: 10 Dec 2020, 11:05 For the other issue you describe, please can you give us a bit more info to go on. For example, are you loading any other add-on utilities when P3D launches and have you modified the default scenario at all?
By "modified the default scenario" I have you resaved it to launch a complex add-on such as the Connie as your default flight?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

Yes I made Connie default flight. So after reading your suggestion I made another default with another aircraft, loaded it and then changed aircraft to Connie and still got that error.
Paul Grubich 2018

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Paul,

Apologies for the delayed reply. Are you still seeing the error? If so, I'd recommend resetting your Prepar3D.cfg file (i.e. delete it so the sim generates a fresh copy). You could also try moving the files in "Documents\A2A\FSX\L049" to a temporary backup directory.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”