Lack of peristence

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
tekrc
Airman

Lack of peristence

Post by tekrc »

Correct me if Im wrong but Im pretty sure this plane is supposed to have persistence so its in mostly the same state I left it when I come back for the next flight? I dont seem to be getting that. Every time I load with auto C&D off the plane is always in the default state engines running when it loads. If I have to reinstall is there a way to keep my career data?

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Re: Lack of peristence

Post by TreeTops »

If you save the flight with engines shutdown, and reload the flight you should be ok.
Persistance was meant for the condition of the engines etc.
Cheers
Trev

tekrc
Airman

Post by tekrc »

TreeTops wrote: 04 Jan 2021, 18:46 If you save the flight with engines shutdown, and reload the flight you should be ok.
Persistance was meant for the condition of the engines etc.
ah ok so no switch states the engine condition? If I save and load do engine temps still get effected over time or no? last I remember save/load will just load me back in with engines exactly as they were when I left so no need to dilute or anything else which isnt really what Im after either

per the store page it says every aircraft is persistent but it doesnt say to what level so Im not sure what is supposed to be getting saved. like the b17 had switch persistence and was an older product from what I remember so not sure why it doesnt apply here

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

The B-17 is version 1 of accusim so keep that in mind when you read about accusim capabilities.
Cheers
Trev

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

Here is the relevant statement from the manual:
PERSISTENT AIRCRAFT
Every time you load up your L-049 Constellation, you will
be flying the continuation of the last aircraft which includes
fuel and oil, along with all of your system conditions. So be
aware, no longer will your aircraft load with full fuel every
time, it will load with the same amount of fuel you left off
when you quit your last flight. You will learn the easy or the
hard way to make, at the very least, some basic checks on
your systems before jumping in and taking off, just like a
real aircraft owner.
Additionally, in each flight things will sometimes be different.
The gauges and systems will never be exactly the
same. There are just too many moving parts, variables,
changes, etc., that continuously alter the condition of the
airplane, its engine and its systems.
So I don't think it's down to individual switch positions like in the GA fleet.

tekrc
Airman

Post by tekrc »

TreeTops wrote: 04 Jan 2021, 21:01 The B-17 is version 1 of accusim so keep that in mind when you read about accusim capabilities.
right.... which I thought v2 would expand upon. b17 in v1 had saved switches. other v2 planes have saved switches. so not sure why this doesnt. just generates an expectation when its everywhere else but not here

tekrc
Airman

Post by tekrc »

flapman wrote: 04 Jan 2021, 22:16 Here is the relevant statement from the manual:
PERSISTENT AIRCRAFT
Every time you load up your L-049 Constellation, you will
be flying the continuation of the last aircraft which includes
fuel and oil, along with all of your system conditions. So be
aware, no longer will your aircraft load with full fuel every
time, it will load with the same amount of fuel you left off
when you quit your last flight. You will learn the easy or the
hard way to make, at the very least, some basic checks on
your systems before jumping in and taking off, just like a
real aircraft owner.
Additionally, in each flight things will sometimes be different.
The gauges and systems will never be exactly the
same. There are just too many moving parts, variables,
changes, etc., that continuously alter the condition of the
airplane, its engine and its systems.
So I don't think it's down to individual switch positions like in the GA fleet.
once again its not very clear. fluid persistence sure I figured that part "along with all of your system conditions" is a tad vague but I guess most directly just tracks health of systems. still not sure whats so different here where it cant be done vs any of the other planes

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

tekrc wrote: 04 Jan 2021, 22:49 once again its not very clear.
Ookay...I try again.
I dont seem to be getting that.
If you have same fluid levels on the next simulator session then you most likely are getting that. Another good way to tell is to check the hours in the maintenance hangar. Your airplane and engines accumulate hours, which symbolize "persistence."
Every time I load with auto C&D off the plane is always in the default state engines running when it loads.
Well yes, that is the point of auto C&D feature. If you want a shut down aircraft on loading the sim you should turn this on.
If I have to reinstall is there a way to keep my career data?
Yes, your aircraft persistence and career data are both saved as files in your computer (with backups). You can copy and store them in a safe place, just like you would back up any other computer file. The backup save states are a nice feature when some error happens with a save, or you make a mistake and don't want to suffer embarrassment of starting over.
still not sure whats so different here where it cant be done vs any of the other planes
it's a different airplane designed and flown for a different mission, with different goals.

tekrc
Airman

Post by tekrc »

flapman wrote: 05 Jan 2021, 11:36 Well yes, that is the point of auto C&D feature. If you want a shut down aircraft on loading the sim you should turn this on.
Im well aware of what the feature does on its own. My point was more this is the ONLY plane I have to do this to. everything else loads in the state I left it B17 included. so its really weird.

but ok guess its not supposed to which answers the question though still dont get the decision for this to be the odd one out

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”