How I've been coping lately. :)

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
Scav
Senior Airman

How I've been coping lately. :)

Post by Scav »

Hey guys,

As the title suggests, I wanted to take a moment to share a bit of how I've been processing the world we live in, which translates somewhat loosely into what I've been doing with N251TB. Since March, I've been chipping away virtually at Fly Minnesota. I've been finding the aircraft to be a very precise machine; very easy to get in and out of most places, and very responsive to flying by the numbers. :)

The nerd in me, of course, has an Excel spreadsheet I've been using to keep track of my progress, and as of today (I've had some time between working and classes for some flying tonight), I've visited 50 of the 135 destinations in the state (30% complete) and have been working them mostly in alphabetical order.

So yeah -- I've been enjoying this aircraft. :)

PA24 :: PA28 :: C182T :: BE35
"Tell me, have you ever met a Scav up close? Of course not . . ."

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: How I've been coping lately. :)

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great stuff, glad you have been enjoying the sim like that. I think we all have our own little adventures. I personally am a certified expert at starting and rarely finishing RTW trips :roll: :mrgreen:

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Scav
Senior Airman

Re: How I've been coping lately. :)

Post by Scav »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 01 Sep 2020, 07:12 Great stuff, glad you have been enjoying the sim like that. I think we all have our own little adventures.
I think what's helping significantly on this particular venture to reacquaint myself with the Bo . . . is that the longest leg I've seen so far has been 1.3 hours (for a total direct distance of around 80-120 nautical miles). The shortest flights have been around 20-30 nm in length; about twenty minutes per leg. Per what I'd want to do if I had limitless resources and a real aircraft, I'm topping off the mains wherever there's fuel.

In other words, and in accordance with best practices, I'm having a blast launching from various aerodromes, rocketing up to cruising altitude, knocking out the tunes on the XM receiver, and feathering it back down to complete each leg.
Lewis - A2A wrote: 01 Sep 2020, 07:12 I personally am a certified expert at starting and rarely finishing RTW trips :roll: :mrgreen:
I'm a certified expert at not being a certified expert. ;)

PA24 :: PA28 :: C182T :: BE35
"Tell me, have you ever met a Scav up close? Of course not . . ."

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”