Pretty sure I crashed last night

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
Chairman
Airman

Pretty sure I crashed last night

Post by Chairman »

(I might have been asleep at the time, when I woke up the plane was sitting on the ground looking all innocent)

In the hanger everything looked fine so I tried to fire it up and after it had cranked a few times it just stopped ... as far as I can work out I just seized the engine.

So back into the hanger for another look, including inside the engine where everything is green, then I notice a little red "fuel leak" on the engine that keeps coming back after I fix it ... and now there's a "check instruments" on the windscreen. I checked them, everything in there looks fine, and the mechanic says the plane is in "excellent shape".

So I did a proper walkaround. Not that I don't trust my mechanic, anyone could miss something as minor as a seized engine, but I wanted to see for myself. The flaps have stopped rattling when I shake them (don't know if that's good or bad) and most interestingly there's not a drop of oil in the engine, and whatever I pour into it from the load manager runs straight out again.

Is this fixable or should I just replace the airframe (and where is that button hiding, I've done it before but blowed if I can find it again) ?

Cheers

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Pretty sure I crashed last night

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Did you try starting her again?

Might be just a case of the battery being drained, also of course check the fuel.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Pretty sure I crashed last night

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
If you fix things and they immediately break again , sounds like a sim connect issue , have you updated anything recently , i know win 10 updates have messed up the required A2A simconnect in the past .
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”