Honeycomp Alpha and Bravo profiles for the Bonanza

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
OGfishm0nger
Airman

Re: Honeycomp Alpha and Bravo profiles for the Bonanza

Post by OGfishm0nger »

After doing some testing I settled on 6v as the threshold for allowing the annunciator lights to work, and 7.5v as the low threshold for LOW VOLTS.

I'm going to do some flight testing for a bit, but assuming I'm still satisfied with my profile after that I'll go ahead and post it over in the Cherokee discussion area.

But first I think I need to swap out my battery :D

Thanks again!

Tyrion
Airman First Class

Post by Tyrion »

You're welcome!

Have fun and I look forward to giving your profile a try in the Cherokee!
Best regards,
Lars Domen

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

Hello Tyrion,

I was hoping you can help me with a couple of things on the Alpha Yoke for the V35. Button #4 is supposed to be AP Disconnect but does nothing on my setup even though the variable is set as: L: ApDisconnect. Button #2 does perform the unwanted ApDisconnect. I prefer #2 as zoom in, which it does but also disconnects the Ap.

I thought I saw something from you on how to make such changes but now unable to locate.

Many thanks / Les Parson

Tyrion
Airman First Class

Post by Tyrion »

Hey Les,

Sorry for the late reply. Incredibly busy here.

If another button triggers the wanted action, I'd start by checking all other places where assignments can be made. P3D itself, FSUIPC, Linda if you have that installed and so on...
Also remember to load and activate the honeycomb profile, and also reload the key bindings in the simulator if you make changes! (Addon dropdown menu, honeycomb alpha yoke, reload bindings or something like that).
It took me some time at first to work out why my first attempts at creating a profile weren't working: it was the activating and reloading of the profile.

Finally, the L:VAR name for the ap disconnect that works for me is L:APDisconnect (not ApDisconnect). I'm not sure, but I think these are case sensitive, so that might matter.

I hope you get (or already have got) it fixed!
I'm sorry I can't be of more help right now, I'm just too busy now and the next 2 or 3 weeks.
Best regards,
Lars Domen

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

Tyrion wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 13:54 Hey Les,

Sorry for the late reply. Incredibly busy here.

If another button triggers the wanted action, I'd start by checking all other places where assignments can be made. P3D itself, FSUIPC, Linda if you have that installed and so on...
Also remember to load and activate the honeycomb profile, and also reload the key bindings in the simulator if you make changes! (Addon dropdown menu, honeycomb alpha yoke, reload bindings or something like that).
It took me some time at first to work out why my first attempts at creating a profile weren't working: it was the activating and reloading of the profile.

Finally, the L:VAR name for the ap disconnect that works for me is L:APDisconnect (not ApDisconnect). I'm not sure, but I think these are case sensitive, so that might matter.

I hope you get (or already have got) it fixed!
I'm sorry I can't be of more help right now, I'm just too busy now and the next 2 or 3 weeks.
Lars,

Thank you so much. All good now.

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

Hello Lars,

I received the Bravo TQ the other day and I followed your instructions to install your profile. The Alpha and Bravo work great on my A2A V35 (P3Dv4.5) with one exception. Now, the Alpha Yoke button #1 for PTT also activates the CWS (Control Wheel Steering) which activates the FD (Flight Director). When I look at the Honeycomb Configurator, it shows the Alpha Yoke #1 as "Push To Talk" which is desired. I can't figure out the unwanted CWS/FD activation. This is problematic as I use the PTT for Pilotedge. I use FSUIPC for standard assignments in lieu of the sim P3D controls if that makes a difference.

Any assistance with this issue is much appreciated. I (and I'm sure countless others) really appreciate your work on the profiles.

Thanks again,

Les Parson

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

Hello Lars,

I think I figured most of it out. Using the Honeycomb editor, If I wish to delete the L variable, which code should be inserted?

Thanks.

Tyrion
Airman First Class

Post by Tyrion »

Hey Les,

In my profile, the PTT switch is indeed set for CWS. (Usable for me, because the progrems I use for ATC doesn't support joystick PTT yet...)

The Honeycomb configurator does allow for double variables set to a button, so my first thought is that both actions could still be present in the profile.
So make sure the Variable for CWS is removed from that button (the small bin icon).
Also make sure you actually load your updated profile in the simulator, this does not happen automatically.
Best regards,
Lars Domen

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

Tyrion wrote: 25 Mar 2021, 05:46 Hey Les,

In my profile, the PTT switch is indeed set for CWS. (Usable for me, because the progrems I use for ATC doesn't support joystick PTT yet...)

The Honeycomb configurator does allow for double variables set to a button, so my first thought is that both actions could still be present in the profile.
So make sure the Variable for CWS is removed from that button (the small bin icon).
Also make sure you actually load your updated profile in the simulator, this does not happen automatically.
Got it, thanks for all the help.

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

Hello Lars,

I've had some difficulty and I really hope you can help me. I had everything working fine using your Honeycomb V35B profile in P3Dv4.5 with just a couple of modifications. Then, I tried to load a A2A C182 profile and as a result, I screwed everything up. I re-downloaded your V35B v0.5 and activated the Alpha and Bravo in the Honeycomb Configurator. However, when starting P3D, the topline green message still says something like "...44 bindings DEFAULT_THROTTLE..." I did remember to go to Add-Ons in the sim and select Reload All Bindings.

The other problem I'm having is using the Honeycomb Configurator Profile Editor, I can't figure out to eliminate pre-loaded functions. For example, button #4 on the yoke I want to use for ZOOM-IN by programming FSUIPC. However the editor has already assigned it to FLAPS INCREASE which I want to delete but am unable.

Many thanks for your great profile. Eagerly awaiting your assistance.

All the best.

OGfishm0nger
Airman

Post by OGfishm0nger »

Les Parson wrote: 17 May 2021, 20:30 I've had some difficulty and I really hope you can help me. I had everything working fine using your Honeycomb V35B profile in P3Dv4.5 with just a couple of modifications. Then, I tried to load a A2A C182 profile and as a result, I screwed everything up. I re-downloaded your V35B v0.5 and activated the Alpha and Bravo in the Honeycomb Configurator. However, when starting P3D, the topline green message still says something like "...44 bindings DEFAULT_THROTTLE..." I did remember to go to Add-Ons in the sim and select Reload All Bindings.
I'm not sure what could be going on here. The procedure should be:
  • Load Honeycomb Configurator
  • Load desired profile for currently selected device
  • Activate current profile
  • Select next device
  • Load desired profile for currently selected device
  • Activate current profile
  • Load P3D and select desired aircraft (alternatively if P3D was already running then choose Reload All Bindings)
If you are doing all of that and still having issues perhaps getting assistance on the Aerosoft forums is the way to go.
Les Parson wrote: 17 May 2021, 20:30 The other problem I'm having is using the Honeycomb Configurator Profile Editor, I can't figure out to eliminate pre-loaded functions. For example, button #4 on the yoke I want to use for ZOOM-IN by programming FSUIPC. However the editor has already assigned it to FLAPS INCREASE which I want to delete but am unable.
Each button can have both "Press Events" and "Release Events" associated with it. To delete a function from an existing (and loaded) profile hover your mouse cursor over the Press or Release Event you wish to remove. You should see a pencil icon and a trash can icon on the right side of the window. Click the trashcan to delete. When you have deleted what you want to, select Apply Changes at the bottom right of the window. Then start up P3D (or Reload Bindings in the simulator if it is already running).

Tyrion
Airman First Class

Post by Tyrion »

Hey Les,

Sorry for not answering. I was very busy with my internship, barely any time at home behind my gaming PC at all the last couple of weeks.

If you load a profile, also remember to activate it in the Honeycomb Configurator. One step does not trigger the other, and both are important!
I hope you got it fixed in the meantime.
But as OGfishm0nger said, if you're really having trouble, Aerosoft is the place to go for help. They're the publisher/distributor for the Honeycomb stuff. :wink:

My internship is finished, as is my bachelor's programme. I now have little about 3 weeks of free time before I rejoin the real world of working people. :shock:

I'm currently working on an update to my profile to make it compatible with the new Configurator version 2.1, and make use of the new features in that version. It needs a couple of test flights, and then I'll publish.
Best regards,
Lars Domen

Tyrion
Airman First Class

Post by Tyrion »

For those interested, I've just released a new version.
The links in the first post are updated.

The main changes are updates for full compatibility with Honeycomb Configurator v2.1, and replacing some toggle events with conditional on/off events on the rocker switches.
Best regards,
Lars Domen

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”