Bonanza Takeoff Problem

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
Paulbur
Airman Basic

Bonanza Takeoff Problem

Post by Paulbur »

I just installed this plane in p3d v4.5 today. I configure all controls with fsuipc and controls diabled in p3d.
I tried to takeoff and following liftoff the plane banked hard to the left, more than 30 degrees.
It seems to do this each time. Is there something I am doing wrong?
Thanks
Paul

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Bonanza Takeoff Problem

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Paul and welcome.

Are you adding in some extra right rudder when you pull back the yoke to rotate? If not, this is the key to avoid that deviation to the left. Most aircraft in FSX/P3D don't model the need to add additional right rudder at this stage, so it's something that catches many simmers out. It may be worth watching the video linked in this previous topic which demonstrates the issue in a real life context.

Of course, taking off with a significant crosswind can make the issue even trickier, so I'd recommend performing take-offs with a minimum crosswind component possible when getting acquainted with the Bo'.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Paulbur
Airman Basic

Post by Paulbur »

Thanks for your reply.
I am hand flying today with no weather and the plane wants to bank right.
Would this be because the rt fuel tank is full and the left is quarter full?
I have always used FSUIPC for my Saitek yoke and pedals config.
Is this ok as I find this plane difficult to hand fly.
Does it have rudder and aileron trim?
Thanks
Paul

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Paul,

Yes, if a significant fuel imbalance has developed, it'll certainly affect the flight characteristics as you describe. To avoid this you'll need to get into the habit of switching fuel tanks every 30 minutes or so.

As for FSUIPC, you should be fine with it. Many A2A flyers (myself included) use this software for assigning hardware and keyboard inputs.

And to answer your final question, the Bonanza does have an aileron trim control: it's the knob on the control column hub. No rudder trim, and the V35B doesn't actually have a rudder in the true sense, but 'ruddervators' instead which are actually Interconnected via bungee cords with the ailerons.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”