Bonanza V-Tail in P3D 4.5

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Bonanza V-Tail in P3D 4.5

Post by GaryRR »

So, I just purchased our V-35 for my new P3D 4.5 installation and already have her set up with RXP GTN 750.
Flies just as great in P3D as in FSX-SE. Better I think even.
Now, if I can get my P3D stable and reliable I will be a very happy pilot.
See, first I had volume issues. Now since connecting UTL 2 I get CTDs. I'm going to comb LMs forum for help and download the Avsim CTD Guide. Wish me success guys. If I can't get V4.5 stable I will just eat the 60 bucks and go to 5.1. I only went to 4 for the sake of some nice twins that haven't been updated to 5.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Bonanza V-Tail in P3D 4.5

Post by MarcE »

5.1 is not better than 4.5 and certainly not prettier. I got two dxgi crashes last night in the Comanche in 5.1. and I‘m sick of the terrible visuals and unfixed lighting in v5. Exaggerated rain that‘s so dominant that you can‘t judge your speed anymore, clouds crossing your flight path at Warp 6, occasional fog flickering around the terrain although „fixed“ in 5.1, g2d.dll crashes when changing views and nobody seems to know why... and if I compare my v4 screenshots with those in v5 I don‘t know anymore why I got the new version. The performace is slightly better, around 5 FPS more and a bit less or rather shorter loading stutters, but overall v5 is really not worth the 60$ at the moment. And I‘ve read rumours that they are even close to push v6 out. If that‘s true the last thing I‘d do is get v5 now, not been updated for more than 6months.

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

MarcE wrote: 07 Jun 2021, 02:02 5.1 is not better than 4.5 and certainly not prettier. I got two dxgi crashes last night in the Comanche in 5.1. and I‘m sick of the terrible visuals and unfixed lighting in v5. Exaggerated rain that‘s so dominant that you can‘t judge your speed anymore, clouds crossing your flight path at Warp 6, occasional fog flickering around the terrain although „fixed“ in 5.1, g2d.dll crashes when changing views and nobody seems to know why... and if I compare my v4 screenshots with those in v5 I don‘t know anymore why I got the new version. The performace is slightly better, around 5 FPS more and a bit less or rather shorter loading stutters, but overall v5 is really not worth the 60$ at the moment. And I‘ve read rumours that they are even close to push v6 out. If that‘s true the last thing I‘d do is get v5 now, not been updated for more than 6months.
Do you use all the same settings in 5.1 as in 4.5? Perhaps the changes made require different adjustment as far as the graphics.
Turned down perhaps.
I was having first sound troubles and then stability troubles with 4.5. Got the sounds working. Then I downloaded Lorby so addon utility. I wanted some of my favorite airports upgrades. I linked my UTL in the same session. Then stability troubles started. CTDs in 10 minutes or less. I was also using FSRealWX. So I pulled everything Orbx and all to test and figure out what was causing the CTDs.
It's a shame because I really liked the way it looked with the UTX, FTX Global, FTX NA, and FTX Buildings combo. Nearly good as MSFS. At least my local towns' footprints were recognizable and roads and railroads spot on.

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

Sadly, due to Xbox live troubles not my fault I can't try MSFS. So, if I can't get Prepar3d reliable I will stay with FSX for scenery variety and A2A realism and possible adopt Xplane 11 for high altitude procedural simming.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Xbox live trouble? Does it update and end with an error?

If yes, look here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 8369795bab

Nikita Mendelbaum‘s answer.

Regarding P3Dv5:

When I used UTL in P3D4 I had massive problems. CTDs all the time, even my PMDG 777 (pre update) behaved erratically, felt like it was shifting CG etc. When I got rid of UTL all problems vanished. I use AIG now and am happy with most beautiful AI models.

There are settings in P3Dv5 regarding Truesky and some other settings that are not available in v4 and I have basically spent dozens of hours with some other people of the PMDG Beta team to rule out my problems. We got it quite stable, there were windows settings too that made a difference. But below the line I was happier in v4.5 than in 5.1 albeit the better performance using DX12. And since MSFS progresses so quickly I have reduced my P3D so I am still able to do the beta test but beside that don‘t really use P3D anymore, at least not for GA. So not so sad here honestly.

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

Can't use Live because of being sabotaged by butt hurt players when my nephew and I and a couple of vet buddies used to platoon in World of Tanks. I can't get anything requiring Live and MS is not fair.
I suppose I would have to uninstall UTL and reinstall for just steam. I had no luck disabling it from P3d. Still wants to start.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Oh man... some people...

I think there is a client starting with windows that pulls UTL everytime P3D starts. Not sure though if it‘s in the autostart folder or how it works. But I remember it caused me headache as well.

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

I will go on the flight1 forum and see if I can find out. Otherwise, I will just uninstall it altogether. I will learn how to work with AIG. Locally, I only need about 5 or 6 airlines in Harrisburg control space. A few c130s for the Gaurd Apron and for Ft. Indiantown Gap and I'm complete.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”