For those experiencing blurry textures

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Ezra
Airman

Re: For those experiencing blurry textures

Post by Ezra »

Neon wrote:Watch the video, or read the first part of this thread. Both tell you how to fix it, it's not something that
needs to be patched; it's a fix you need to make. Very easy to do. :)
This is a hack (edit), not a fix. I am experiencing the same cockpit "blurries" as well. As good as the Bonanza is it messes with the options menu in P3Dv4.3. If I have to re-edit every time I want to switch between different FM (Aircraft) why should I have to go into notepad and edit every time I want to fly the Bonanza? The whole point of the options, concerning Textures etc, is to tweak for different settings and region in order to achieve a smooth flight experience.

Furthermore, it messes up the options menu even when one uses other aircraft as long as the Bonanza is installed. Nevertheless, I don`t have to do a notepad hack for my other "recent" aircraft. How do I know? I uninstalled the Bonanza and my Options Menu works fine now along with other issues like "Joystick Hat" and in-cockpit sounds. I repeated the latter procedure several times in order to confirm my claim.

Don`t get me wrong, it appears to be a great product. Maybe this is a conflict with P3Dv4.3. I don`know. But clearly the Bonanza is not ready for prime time.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Ezra,

I think you may have misunderstood some of the advice posted in this thread. Manual edits to the *.cfg file are only necessary for the (10 year old) boxed edition of Flight Simulator X.

If you're using Prepar3D v4 (or FSX-SE), setting the sliders as shown in the opening post of this topic will give you the best compromise between sharpness and lack of shimmering with modest MSAA (multisampling antialiasing) settings.

However, we've made non-mipmapped textures freely available via the update tool and A2A store for anyone who wishes to use them. Please just bear in mind that if using these non-mipped textures, SSAA (supersampling antialiasing) is strongly recommended.

Thanks,
Nick

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Guys: I fly almost exclusively A2A airplanes on P3Dv4, with ORBX scenery and AS4 weather, on a kick-ass Jetline computer. Prior to about a week ago, I always ignored the advice of A2A and loaded my flights directly from a saved scenario in whatever A2A aircraft I wanted to fly. I've never had a problem with this until I got the dreaded panel blurries on my A2A Bonanza. I reset my textures to ULTRA, but they'd always come back as HIGH, at best, with no improvement in blurries. Now I always load with that ridiculous default F-22 at that AFB in the deep South. Why? That is the only way I can keep my MAX TEXTURES at 4096. I did that fix, or hack, or whatever, and modified my P3D.cfg to MAX TEXTURES - 4096, and the only way it stays that way is if I load the default aircraft, then change the parameters so I'm in my chosen A2A aircraft at my chosen airport, or I load one of my saved, preferred A2A scenarios. Anytime I load an A2A aircraft directly on startup I get reduced textures, either medium or high, but ULTRA is gone. What a drag. I'll keep on loading with the default, however. I've noticed that frames are dropped from 29-32 to more like 24-28, depending upon where I'm flying in the ORBX scenery, of which I have a plethora (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mTUmczVdik for explanation of "plethora").

OK - so what about this latest mipmap thing? I have downloaded it, but I haven't installed it yet. Can the effects of this update be reversed if I want to go back to mipmaps? Have any of you P3Dv4.x doods tried it and, if so, would like to report on how it works? What other display settings do you use?

I wouldn't mind flying around with HIGH textures, with slightly higher framerates, if my Bonanza panels were crisp.

Thank you
ATB

Ezra
Airman

Post by Ezra »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hi Ezra,

I think you may have misunderstood some of the advice posted in this thread. Manual edits to the *.cfg file are only necessary for the (10 year old) boxed edition of Flight Simulator X.

If you're using Prepar3D v4 (or FSX-SE), setting the sliders as shown in the opening post of this topic will give you the best compromise between sharpness and lack of shimmering with modest MSAA (multisampling antialiasing) settings.

However, we've made non-mipmapped textures freely available via the update tool and A2A store for anyone who wishes to use them. Please just bear in mind that if using these non-mipped textures, SSAA (supersampling antialiasing) is strongly recommended.

Thanks,
Nick
Excuse me sir but I did not misunderstand some of the advice in this thread. I would encourage you to re-read [the context] of my post again. The Bonanza clearly introduces issues at present with P3Dv4 just as I have listed. I don`t need to address "shimmering" anti-aliasing, etc. The issue is with what I described. I run 8700K, GTX1080ti, 32MB@320 MHz Ram, Samsung M.2 SSD on a clean P3Dv4 install @ 4K. I don`t want to install Non-mipmapped textures just to run the Bonanza. Like I said, The Bonanza messes with the P3Dv4 Options menu. How clear do I have to be here?

I already explained to you the issue above which is also confirmed by the poster (Paughco) who followed me. Jeesh. Unbelievable.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Ezra,

My guess is that you saved your default scenario in Prepar3D using the Bonanza. We repeatedly recommend against this because it tends to cause problems with complex add-ons such as the Bonanza and other Accu-Sim aircraft (as well as complex airliners sims produced by other developers). If you follow the advice on the forums here (and in the Bonanza manual) of using a default P3D aircraft for the default scenario, you should be fine.

However, if you still have problems, please start a new topic here in the Bonanza support forum and we'll do our best to help you get things sorted.

Thanks,
Nick

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

For years I use the old texture editor from Steve Frost to avoid the constant resetting when starting FSX.
Unless changing graphic settings inside FSX, the texture is always set to the max (4096).

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads ... or-v12197/

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

First of all, and I almost didn't want to say this because the good people who made the mipmaped cockpit textures did an amazing job and when I zoomed in enough their look was epic, but thank you for supplying the non mipmaped textures. I went ahead and installed them and I have to say I prefer the plane this way. I applied every other fix there seems to be and I just couldn't read the gauges as they were.
Paughco wrote: OK - so what about this latest mipmap thing? I have downloaded it, but I haven't installed it yet. Can the effects of this update be reversed if I want to go back to mipmaps? Have any of you P3Dv4.x doods tried it and, if so, would like to report on how it works? What other display settings do you use?

I wouldn't mind flying around with HIGH textures, with slightly higher framerates, if my Bonanza panels were crisp.
Thank you
ATB
I was wondering about this myself, the part about reversing it. There doesn't seem to be any option to do so in the Configurators or the update tool. Uninstall and reinstall?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

ClipperLuna wrote:I was wondering about this myself, the part about reversing it. There doesn't seem to be any option to do so in the Configurators or the update tool. Uninstall and reinstall?
Yes, the 'no mips' installer actually mentions this: to revert to the original mipmapped textures if you decide you prefer them, simply uninstall and reinstall the Bonanza.

Thanks,
Nick

Simicro
Senior Airman

Post by Simicro »

I had the problem too on P3Dv4.

1) I installed the no mipmap pack: https://a2asimulations.com/product-category/free/
2) It solved the issue. See screnshots below.

I first tried to achieve the settings recommended in the initial post but could not achieve to set the global resolution to 4090 x 4096. I could select it but after validation, the next time it reverts to 1024 x 1024... Weird...

BEFORE

AFTER
P3Dv4.5 - V35B - C172 - Cherokee
i5 4670K @4.3 Ghz - 32 Gb DDR3 - GTX 1080 8 Gb - 2K @165 Hz G-Sync - Win 7 x64
Microsoft Force Feedback 2 modded with CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

Thanks again for the non mipped textures... cockpit looks beautiful once again!

AviatorMan
Airman

Post by AviatorMan »

Resetting the texture resolution to the 4096 figure fixed this for me. I don't know if it is just my setup,but whenever I turn off P3Dv4.3 and later on restart it and load the V Bonanza, it always resets the texture resolution to the lowest setting. Doesn't do this for my A2A Comanche or Cherokee. So whenever I start anew, I go into the Graphics settings and reset the texture resolution to the highest setting.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

AviatorMan wrote:I don't know if it is just my setup,but whenever I turn off P3Dv4.3 and later on restart it and load the V Bonanza, it always resets the texture resolution to the lowest setting.
Chances are this is because you've saved a complex aircraft such as one of the Accu-Sim addons in your default scenario in P3Dv4 AviatorMan. We always recommend against this precisely because it can cause issues like this when the sim initialises.

For best result, always stick with one of the default P3D aircraft for the default scenario, tempting as it may be to use your current favourite add-on.

Thanks,
Nick

AviatorMan
Airman

Post by AviatorMan »

Nick - A2A wrote:
AviatorMan wrote:I don't know if it is just my setup,but whenever I turn off P3Dv4.3 and later on restart it and load the V Bonanza, it always resets the texture resolution to the lowest setting.
Chances are this is because you've saved a complex aircraft such as one of the Accu-Sim addons in your default scenario in P3Dv4 AviatorMan. We always recommend against this precisely because it can cause issues like this when the sim initialises.

For best result, always stick with one of the default P3D aircraft for the default scenario, tempting as it may be to use your current favourite add-on.

Thanks,
Nick
Okay, you're right, that's what I did. I have been flying around England in my Bonanza, and whenever I land and shut down, I save the configuration as my DEFAULT flight. Then when I restart P3Dv4 I am at that airport in my Bonanza, ready to carry on. But I see that causes problems, so in the future, I will save the flight, but not as the default flight. After I start P3Dv4 I will reload the last saved Bonanza flight. This should work, right?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

AviatorMan wrote:so in the future, I will save the flight, but not as the default flight. After I start P3Dv4 I will reload the last saved Bonanza flight. This should work, right?
Yes, this should work fine AviatorMan. :)

Thanks,
Nick

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

Not sure it's a Bonanza related question but as it's my only P3D A2A aircraft, it might get an answer here.
I have the F1 GTN750, working fine. The Bonanza instruments display is sharp (I installed the mipmap update) but the GTN itself is blurry when integrated in the dashboard.
Once popped up, it's ok. I looked for in the F1 support form but found no answers.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”