DME gauge not sidplaying information centered

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Fragmentum
Staff Sergeant

DME gauge not sidplaying information centered

Post by Fragmentum »

My DME gauge seems to be showing numbers outside the gauge

i5-2600K SB, 8GB Mushkin Redline, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, GTX 560 2GB, Saitek X52. Etch-A-Sketch hard wired to Speak-N-Spell backup system. Everything maxed and I see it ALL!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: DME gauge not sidplaying information centered

Post by Nick - A2A »

Fragmentum,

Are you using FSX?

If so, it might be worth checking that the "high-resolution 3-D virtual cockpit" box is ticked in the "aircraft" tab of the display settings.

Thanks,
Nick

Fragmentum
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fragmentum »

Nick - A2A wrote:Fragmentum,

Are you using FSX?

If so, it might be worth checking that the "high-resolution 3-D virtual cockpit" box is ticked in the "aircraft" tab of the display settings.

Thanks,
Nick
Thank you Nick. I use FSX SP2 and did find "high-resolution 3-D virtual cockpit" unchecked. I did check it but upon saving the change I get a CTD 'Fatal error" and sim does a reload. Tried a different saved flight and same thing happens. Also tried "end flight" to default screen and rechecked "high-resolution 3-D virtual cockpit". Still get CTD and auto reload.
i5-2600K SB, 8GB Mushkin Redline, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, GTX 560 2GB, Saitek X52. Etch-A-Sketch hard wired to Speak-N-Spell backup system. Everything maxed and I see it ALL!

Fragmentum
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fragmentum »

My GPS400 screen also shows a rather dim display

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the added info. Please can you restart the sim and then select a default aircraft before ticking the "high-resolution 3-D virtual cockpit" box. This should fix the font scaling issue without the CTD.

Cheers,
Nick

Fragmentum
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fragmentum »

Nick - A2A wrote:Okay, thanks for the added info. Please can you restart the sim and then select a default aircraft before ticking the "high-resolution 3-D virtual cockpit" box. This should fix the font scaling issue without the CTD.

Cheers,
Nick
Thanks Nick, that fixed it, now to fix the blurry dashboard scripts

Fragmentum
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fragmentum »

Fragmentum wrote:
Nick - A2A wrote:Okay, thanks for the added info. Please can you restart the sim and then select a default aircraft before ticking the "high-resolution 3-D virtual cockpit" box. This should fix the font scaling issue without the CTD.

Cheers,
Nick
Thanks Nick, that fixed it, now to fix the blurry dashboard scripts
I had previously changed the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096 from TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024 but did not realize it would change back to 1024 when changing display settings.

I should take the time to learn what and how the DME gauge is used!!!

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

Highly recommend trying the alternate FSX textures. They work wonderfully for our slightly dated software :oops:

Fragmentum
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fragmentum »

flapman wrote:Highly recommend trying the alternate FSX textures. They work wonderfully for our slightly dated software :oops:
How do I obtain/install them at this stage?
Thanks

Fragmentum
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fragmentum »

flapman wrote:Highly recommend trying the alternate FSX textures. They work wonderfully for our slightly dated software :oops:
How do I obtain/install them at this stage?

I read that changing TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD= to 4096 contributes OOM issues.

Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Fragmentum,

Here's a direct link to the no-mipmap texture pack for the FSX Bonanza on the store:

https://a2asimulations.com/product/bona ... tures-fsx/

It's free - it's just that placing it on the store page works best in terms of providing a reliable and secure download location.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”