Ever since installation of Bonanza, none of my A2A planes work

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
jc200200
Airman

Post by jc200200 »

Hey guys, so i have gotten the A2A Bonanza. Ever since i installed it, none of my A2A aircraft work unless there only one A2A plane installed. I cant click on anything and the engine doesn't start while there more than one A2A models in my libary. It does work when i do a uninstall of all A2A models, but i can only have one working. I really want to use all of my A2A planes and not have to keep uninstalling one to get another to work. Please help. Thank you! I am running P3D v4.
Also, i have no sounds and cannot access the hanger when the bonanza is installed. But as i said, when i do a complete uninstall of all A2A planes, and just install either the Cherokee or Bonanza, I can only have one working. But when i try to install the Cherokee along with the bonanza, i have the maintenance hanger and sound issue. Thank you! I have purchased the Bonanza from Just Flight and the Cherokee from A2A.

jc200200
Airman

Post by jc200200 »

Hey guys, so i have gotten the A2A Bonanza. Ever since i installed it, none of my A2A aircraft work unless there only one A2A plane installed. I cant click on anything and the engine doesn't start while there more than one A2A models in my libary. It does work when i do a uninstall of all A2A models, but i can only have one working. I really want to use all of my A2A planes and not have to keep uninstalling one to get another to work. Please help. Thank you! I am running P3D v4.
I have purchased the Cherokee from A2A, and the Bonanza from Just Flight. Before i installed the Bonanza, my cherokee was fine, but now I have to uninstall the Bonanza or Cherokee to get one to work. I cannot Access the hanger and i have no sounds when both planes are installed. Thank you! But other than that, they are both great aircraft! Just wish i could have both working and installed in my sim together.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Ever since installation of Bonanza, none of my A2A planes work

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi jc - welcome to the A2A forums.

As you're installing to P3Dv4, the first thing for us to check is if you're using the most up-to-date 64-bit installers for the rest of your fleet as well as the Bonanza.

If so, the installer design should be visually the same as the Bonanza one, and the version number for each installed aircraft shown be shown in the Windows list of installed programmes.

Also, when you run these installers, they should each connect to the internet and give you the option to download the latest updates for each aircraft. Did this happen when you installed?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jc200200
Airman

Post by jc200200 »

Yes, there the same version installers. And up to date. I have tried numerous times uninstalling and reinstalling. Could it be just flights installer?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

It'll basically just be our standard installer which you're downloading from your Just Flight account. Please can you let us know the currently installed version number for each of your A2A aircraft as shown in the WIndows list of installed software?

Also, can you let us know what you have running in terms of anti-virus software when installing?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jc200200
Airman

Post by jc200200 »

Thank you for the quick reply, here are my version numbers
Bonanza 19.5.24.0
Cherokee 16.6.22.0
I am using win 10 defender, and free version of malwarebytes.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the info.

Have you checked if Malwarebytes has been quarantining any files during installation?

Also, does your default P3D scenario use one of the simple default aircraft? P3D and FSX users who save a complex add-on such as one of the A2A aircraft in the default flight will quite often encounter problems.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jc200200
Airman

Post by jc200200 »

Yeah, it’s not quarantined. I’ve also tried the default aircraft loaded as well. Still no luck unfortunately.

jc200200
Airman

Post by jc200200 »

What else should I try? All my other A/C work fine with no problems. Its just when i have both A2A aircraft installed, neither of them work.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi jc,

Please can you let us know where you're installing installing your A2A add-ons, and whether any other utilities are running in P3D when you load either the Bonanza or Cherokee. There seems to be something specific to your installation causing problems, and the more info your can give us, the more likely it is we can help you to identify the culprit.

Also, please can you re-read my question above: "does your default P3D scenario use one of the simple default aircraft?" It's not just a case of trying default aircraft: which aircraft does your default scenario in the sim load? In other words, which aircraft first appears in the sim when you launch it?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jc200200
Airman

Post by jc200200 »

Ah! I think i figured it out, it was installing on my SSD, Program files x86, Not my Data folder, where P3D is installed. I am going to uninstall and move the A2A folder to my Data folder. And yes, the default f22 raptor pops up when i load the sim.

jc200200
Airman

Post by jc200200 »

My x86 folder just has my OS essentials in it. I install everything else on my HDD, which is 2 TB, my SSD just has the OS in it.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the info. Program Files (x86) is used by Windows for 32-bit applications whereas P3Dv4 and its A2A add-ons are 64-bit apps.

Recommend you either install to the default directory for P3Dv4 addons (Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons) or a different directory (or drive) outside of the protected Windows OS folders.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jc200200
Airman

Post by jc200200 »

Yup! That was the fix! I just made a new A2A sim folder outside my documents folder. Now, both aircraft work fine! Thank you for your help.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome! Good to hear you're in business and hope you enjoy the Bonanza. :)

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”